Orange is the New Black

Quentin Taranbino

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished S4 there. Think it's up there with Series 2 as my favourite series - agree that a lot of 3 fell flat but still quite enjoyed it.

Won't get too specific but there's a few scenes in particular that will stick with me. Definitely some of the most emotional stuff from the show thus far.

Going to be a long year waiting for Series 5 now!

Just finished S4 there. Think it's up there with Series 2 as my favourite series - agree that a lot of 3 fell flat but still quite enjoyed it.

Won't get too specific but there's a few scenes in particular that will stick with me. Definitely some of the most emotional stuff from the show thus far.

Going to be a long year waiting for Series 5 now!

That's the one thing I hate about it getting released all at once, I can't help myself but watch it all in the one go. It really was some emotional stuff, brilliantly written. Unfortunately, that's it again for another year.

• 1 month later...

Those last two episodes were pretty much perfectly weighted in their tone, drama and emotion. 

The show brilliantly encapsulates that there are no real heroes and very few real villains. Everyone who can be perceived as a protagonist, like Red or Caputo is flawed in their own way that you can't fully treat them as such. Some characters, you just don't know what they are, even after the in depth back story (Healy). And the out and out b*****ds of the series are some of the worst. 

I'm also shocked that an American show has flown in the face of popular opinion in the country and portrayed not just one but several of the CO ex-combat veterans as not national every day, pure-hearted heroes, but tortured, cruel and sometimes downright sadistic evil b*****ds. 

Edited by djchapsticks

• 4 weeks later...
Last few episodes of season 4 were incredible TV after a few questionable plot lines early on. Fair upped their game towards the end. The final shot was heartbreaking too when you realise why she was in there and where it got her

Yeah, when you finally see P's background story as to why she ended up in prison it does tug at the heartstrings.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just (finally) finished this. Thought it started slow but really enjoyed the last 2/3 episodes. You can really tell that the writers are always trying to fill the show with current issues, with police brutality obviously a major part of this season.

• 2 weeks later...