Orange is the New Black

Quentin Taranbino

• 2 weeks later...

Season 5 was utter pish, season 6 was back to form. Daya Diaz really pissed me off throughout though. She can't play the 'hard woman'. I thought Carol was an interesting character but Barb was a bit shit.

Not enough Red (Who is the star of the show IMO), Boo and where the f**k did Chang go?!

Read that the series creator see's season 7 as potentially being the last because the story is central to Piper. I disagree with that, by midway of season 3, the show stopped being about her for me and more about the ensemble. Some absolutely amazing characters.

23 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Season 5 was utter pish, season 6 was back to form. Daya Diaz really pissed me off throughout though. She can't play the 'hard woman'. I thought Carol was an interesting character but Barb was a bit shit.

Not enough Red (Who is the star of the show IMO), Boo and where the f**k did Chang go?!

Read that the series creator see's season 7 as potentially being the last because the story is central to Piper. I disagree with that, by midway of season 3, the show stopped being about her for me and more about the ensemble. Some absolutely amazing characters.

I enjoyed this season, although I was a bit underwhelmed by the finale. Both versions of Carol stole the show tbh. At this stage I'd rather it continued on without Piper as she's offered nothing for years. Whiny cow. Taystee is another one I can't stand anymore.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought that ended as well as it could. The ICE stuff was brutal and as much as I'd love to think it's massively exaggerated, I wouldn't be too sure.

Closure for most characters. Not all wishy washy happy endings but a degree of hope, which I think you needed with this show.

Thought that ended as well as it could. The ICE stuff was brutal and as much as I'd love to think it's massively exaggerated, I wouldn't be too sure.

Closure for most characters. Not all wishy washy happy endings but a degree of hope, which I think you needed with this show.
That's quite freaky. I've just finished watching the final episode and now on to a separate goodbye clip.

I really liked that ending, and you've summed it up perfectly.

I watched the first two or three series and then fell away from it before getting back into the last series.

Political, but not too political. A really good show.

Nice to see the Poussay Washington fund was made into a real thing also. Think this show will be remembered as a pretty strong advocate for prison reform. Yes, it was full of stereotypes but did a good job of exposing the dangers of oversimplifying crime and its causes. There's always more to it than simply "crime = bad, therefore criminals = bad".

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2018 at 21:58, Ludo*1 said:

Season 5 was utter pish, season 6 was back to form. Daya Diaz really pissed me off throughout though. She can't play the 'hard woman'.

Those last few series, she utterly infuriated me. 

As others have said, the ICE stuff was pretty grim watching, and I doubt far from what actually goes on. 

Overall, enjoyed the series as a whole, ended up disliking a whole host of characters though. 

Good Guys: 

• Crazy Eyes
  • Poussey
  • Tastee 
  • Black Cindy 
  • Dogget
  • Flaca (WID) 

Wanks:

• Piper
  • Alex
  • Daya
  • Lorna

Actually have the book at home, so will try and get round to reading it at some point.