The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Watched last Jedi tonight after all the hype died down. I thought it was a remake of The Empire Strikes back but just in a slightly different order. Obviously it's enjoyable as the original was arguably the best Star Wars film.

So I'm guessing the third one will be a remake of the return of the Jedi complete with jabba a desert planet and the big baddy weapon getting destroyed at the end and ren and Finn get married. FFS really?

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Watched last Jedi tonight after all the hype died down. I thought it was a remake of The Empire Strikes back but just in a slightly different order. Obviously it's enjoyable as the original was arguably the best Star Wars film.

So I'm guessing the third one will be a remake of the return of the Jedi complete with jabba a desert planet and the big baddy weapon getting destroyed at the end and ren and Finn get married. FFS really?

Ren and Finn getting married would be a great modern twist tbh.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Darth Vader and the Emperor. But then they've been the only two since Count Dooku

I've not seen a good Sith Lord since Count Dukoo. 

Edited by Acastus

Just rewatched the Last Jedi for the first time since seeing it in the cinema. Still no idea what to make of it.

The first hour was truly awful. It gets a lot better after that barring a few missteps.

The biggest I still feel was when Finn finally gets the whole point of the resistance and is willing to sacrifice himself by flying into the battering ram cannon, only to be taken out by Rose. They could have saved him by having her bump him out the way and sacrificing herself but basically bottled it. Rose then says words to the effect of "We won't win by fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love". Utter nonsense.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

They're the best (and last) two!

I just mean in terms of the years the films have came out. The last good sith lord for me was Dukoo.

Edited by Acastus

On 3/6/2018 at 18:25, 54_and_counting said:

Cracking finale to rebels 

Reveal hidden contents

so they all lived, i guess the creators wanted a happyish ending, plus in usual star wars mode there's a chance they'll input the characters somewhere down the line, would love to see ahsoka or kanans wean introduced at somepoint in the future star wars films

Watched the last 3 episodes yesterday.  I thought it was a great end to what has grown into a fantastic series.  

20 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Watched the last 3 episodes yesterday.  I thought it was a great end to what has grown into a fantastic series.  

The open endedness (if that's a word lol) is good as it leaves the possibility of future involvement of the characters elsewhere 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...