The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

one fan theory is that when luke restarted the jedi order and started hunting old jedi temples for archive info, he found evidence that the jedi he knew from yoda etc were nothing like the jedi from many eras ago and that the jedi order lost their way and lost sight of what they were sup0posed to be, this is what drove luke into hiding and what seemingly drove ben solo to the dark side(ish)

might be what luke means with the jedi must end, no more of this light and dark side of the force shite, just grey jedi (rey's clothes looked the part for a grey jedi)

The Jedi's natural enemies were the Sith. There aren't any Sith left. Maybe the ways of a Jedi aren't enough or are too limited to beat the Knights of Ren?

Perhaps Luke could have concluded that the tenets of a Jedi might be so strict and constricting that they push some toward the dark side?

For months I've been telling my friends that Yoda is going to reincarnate himself and be in this film. They laughed at me. And then this morning I received this from one of them...

That's got to be him on that rock?

a580c9bcd1ad46a405b45c294a807265.jpg

Could it be Maz? Also could just be a funny shaped rock. If that's the case I'm sure they've made that intentionally :lol:

Maybe more likely to be a Yoda force ghost if he appears on screen? 

I've got a feeling Yoda will appear and speak to Luke like he did with Obi Wan in Empire.

Predictions for TLJ :

Luke to bail out after training Rey due to PTSD and appear at the end of the film, totally unhinged, go postal with the force lightening, fry a few mother fuckers and absolutely destroy Kylo Ren, brutally chopping bits off him with his lightsaber then finishing him with a force crush to the cranium.

Third film will be :

Luke to go on a mad assault for Snoke, Rey to try to sort him out and after watching him torture Snoke to death, then realising she will have to take him on in an all epic 'Jedi ending' battle.

Rey kills him but dies Padme style when it's revealed she was Leia's secret daughter to Palpatine.

Finn and Poe start a brothel on Tatooine and live happily ever after.

Darth Jar Jar to feature as emperor in the third trilogy.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Technically should be in the gaming forum but they've revealed the first look at the new Battlefield game. Looks to be a massive improvement on 2015's effort...

Prequel, Original, Sequel trilogies content included in multiplayer.

Original (and canon) campaign mode set between ROTJ and TFA. The main story is about an imperial section called "Inferno Squad". Luke and Kylo Ren both confirmed to appear in some way too.

Space battles!!

No season pass

That Darth Vader scene in Rogue One was fucking sensational. The trailer for the new film is tremendous too.

I fucking love Star Wars.

That was absolutely immense. They finally showed Darts Vader looking as powerful as his presence.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Notice Rogue One is on Sky this week, which reminds me again how fucking awesome the Vader scene was.

Surely there is scope to have a Vader solo movie set between ROTS and ANH?

I for one would pay good money to watch home go on the rampage for 90-120 minutes (plus trailers).