The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

8 hours ago, Loki said:

I think Luke lying down in the pishing rain saying something like this will not go the way you think will just be an expansion on Rey's force vision in The Force Awakens.  Plus it allows Rian Johnson to play around with mis-direction.  That trailer looks incredible.  Disney must be pretty pleased with The Last Jedi to give Rian Johnson a new trilogy.

Yup, they could give the new trilogy to anyone if all they cared about was money, so the fact they go to someone they used now shows he' oobviously done something they feel will be outstanding 

I think all of the trailers are a deceptive and try and pull the wool over your eyes, but I actually feel that image of Rey is genuine. I think she will turn on Luke momentarily just out of rage, although they won’t fight. I also read online that someone analysed the trailer so much that it seems as if the shot of Rey with the lightsaber is actually in reverse.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 13:32, accies1874 said:

I think all of the trailers are a deceptive and try and pull the wool over your eyes, but I actually feel that image of Rey is genuine. I think she will turn on Luke momentarily just out of rage, although they won’t fight. I also read online that someone analysed the trailer so much that it seems as if the shot of Rey with the lightsaber is actually in reverse.

The way she grabs the Lightsaber with her left hand looks like it backs that up to me.

Looks un natural.

Dont think she'll turn dark but think she might go more grey jedi as a 'f**k it' kind of thing. Especially after seeing how Kylo Ren on the dark side can be twisted and how much the light side can restrict your natural feelings. 

• 3 weeks later...