Manic Street Preachers

AirdrieGuy

Manics are always brilliant at their own gigs, in front of their fans and usually dip into their incredible back catalogue.

When you see them at festivals on the main stage, playing the safe hits in front of folk standing with their arms folded, it can be very dull.

Lesson is: always go see them on tour! They played Sleepflower & Die In The Summertime back in '04 on the Lifeblood tour if I mind right - the only time I've heard those live. Yet to witness IfWhiteAmerica....etc & PCP tho

Edited by pantene proV

The Manics have never really been suited to the whole massive stage, open air set up IMO. They're at their best when they're feeding off the crowds energy.

While we're here interviews and tracks from their session at Maida Vale are on the red button.

• 4 weeks later...

WOOHOOOO Tickets for next years tour go on pre-sale tomorrow 9am

Edinburgh Corn Exchange-Thursday 3rd April @7.30

GLASGOW BARROWLANDS- Friday 4th April @7.30 :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

tickets- £32.45

General sale - Friday 9am

http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/manic-street-preachers/?pre=manics&src=manicstreetpreacherspresale

Their last gig in Edinburgh was incredible, they did at least one song from every album and threw themselves right into it.

During Motorcycle Emptiness James' guitar lost sound so instead he sang the guitar part which was funny and something I do now when I hear it.

Certainly one of my favourite bands and one of those who are better live.

Bollocks, got caught up in a meeting a work. Looks like the pre-sale are sold out. f**k it just need to get in quick on Friday. Failing that, pay over the odds to a tout. Don't normally but this is the fúcking Manics we're talking about.

You'll be fine if you're sitting at a computer 9am Friday.