Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

To paraphrase Spike Milligan's "Adolf Hitler: My part in his downfall":

"The first mournful wails of the flute and thump of the lambeg drum were heard coming down the road.

'It's an Orange march' said a Cowden director "Quick, get the begging bowls out..'

As a fundraiser for the Blue Brazil they should have rerouted the march into Central Park, locked the doors and charged the bigoted feckers money to get out again.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

He reminds me of Alan Brazil in that I have no idea how he isn’t dead.

According to Follow Follow he is actually wholemeal. They're working themselves up into a right lather over Graham Speirs tweeting this pic...

On 30/06/2018 at 23:03, Granny Danger said:

There is no such thing as absolute free speech.  That is why hate speech is outlawed.  I’m not sure what Cowdenbeath has to do with Battle of the Boyne.

Last season they had a Billy in charge*, some Apprentice Boys on loan and their goal difference for the season was 16:90. But apart from that, nothing.  

*who often fell afoul of the little men in black. Historic Jacobite/referee joke there.  

He reminds me of Alan Brazil in that I have no idea how he isn’t dead.

The boy in the photograph is dead, I understand he passed away fairly recently.

The ‘journalist’ Graham Spiers had also briefly posted the same picture on his twitter feed before taking it down after he was informed of this.

22 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The ‘journalist’ Graham Spiers had also briefly posted the same picture on his twitter feed before taking it down after he was informed of this.

Lad looks the picture of health. Fake news imo.

No need to put inverted commas around the word journalist when the person involved is clearly a journalist btw. I don’t see the issue with mocking fat bigots just because they’re dead... What’s black and doesn’t work? Bernard Manning’s kidneys.

50 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

he can't be deid- Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. 

weebles.jpg.cc4d6db7ed5d9b74b27dc4b76242e4d8.jpg

Lad looks the picture of health. Fake news imo.
No need to put inverted commas around the word journalist when the person involved is clearly a journalist btw. I don’t see the issue with mocking fat bigots just because they’re dead... What’s black and doesn’t work? Bernard Manning’s kidneys.

You don’t see a problem with a well known hack publicly taking a cheap shot out of a complete stranger who had passed away recently.
Spiers clearly did, otherwise he wouldn’t have taken it down. Why should the guy’s family and friends be subjected to such callous insensitivity, irrespective of your views on the OO.
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Bernard Manning made a career out of his intolerance and racism, but was unashamedly, cringingly open about it and played to an eager gallery.
Spiers has done the exact same, only under a thinly disguised cover as a serious scribe. His bigotry and hatred are still in the same vein albeit deliberately concealed and are just as divisively damaging.

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You don’t see a problem with a well known hack publicly taking a cheap shot out of a complete stranger who had passed away recently.
Spiers clearly did, otherwise he wouldn’t have taken it down. Why should the guy’s family and friends be subjected to such callous insensitivity, irrespective of your views on the OO.
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Bernard Manning made a career out of his intolerance and racism, but was unashamedly, cringingly open about it and played to an eager gallery.
Spiers has done the exact same, only under a thinly disguised cover as a serious scribe. His bigotry and hatred are still in the same vein albeit deliberately concealed and are just as divisively damaging.

Spiers views or attitude haven't changed, he just shat it.