Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

11 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Maybe too deep for the Brothers. I'll stick to bonfires and sashes.

Your mistakes are as follows

Firstly failing to distinguish between Luther & Calvin.

Secondly failing to recognise the deeply Roman Catholic nature of Luther's anti-semitism, based as it was on the teachings of Saint Augustine and other church fathers.

But Thirdly and most importantly you seem o have missed the bizarre, and frankly ridiculous, phenomenon of British Israelism the doctrine that we, "the people", are actually one, or more, of the lost tribes of Israel. 

There's also variants available for Irish & Scottish people who want to claim to be dead sea pedestrians. 

Given that the Scotsman who walks into a pub with an Irishman and and an Englishman is the comically mean stereotype I thik our claim is best

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Your mistakes are as follows

Firstly failing to distinguish between Luther & Calvin.

Secondly failing to recognise the deeply Roman Catholic nature of Luther's anti-semitism, based as it was on the teachings of Saint Augustine and other church fathers.

But Thirdly and most importantly you seem o have missed the bizarre, and frankly ridiculous, phenomenon of British Israelism the doctrine that we, "the people", are actually one, or more, of the lost tribes of Israel. 

There's also variants available for Irish & Scottish people who want to claim to be dead sea pedestrians. 

Given that the Scotsman who walks into a pub with an Irishman and and an Englishman is the comically mean stereotype I thik our claim is best

Next time i'm in Larkhall I shall bring up the question of Luther/Calvin/St Augustine's link to modern day Israel and how it relates to Orangeism in Lanarkshire in the 21st Century. Or when is a sash not a sash?

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 00:11, mjw said:

All those Airdrie,Motherwell,thistle orange men will still be all the ****** b*****ds of the day when their team plays Rangers.
Must be a sair yin for them.

I'm a Thistle fan n fuckin hate them more than the chomos, so take your paranoid, tin foil hat, pity party elsewhere.

On 2017-7-12 at 22:53, The_Kincardine said:

Anyway, a great day for celebrating the establishment of a constitutional monarchy and avowing the supremacy of parliament.  Hope the lads and lassies in loyal orders had a happy and tuneful day out.

Yes, that's certainly the message conveyed by the imagery surrounding the bonfires.

Hateful gatherings.

2 hours ago, hardest ned in glasgow said:

do these c***s no piss you off? "BOOOO FUCKIN HOOO! No Catholics support anyone else, any fckin where; so all the other proddy teams conspire against us." They c***s are paranoid, pitiful messes

Dreary fucking me.  Whose who's pathetic alias is this?

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 15:34, 1320Lichtie said:

That's AFJ's nephew imo. He'll be giving it laldy to the Billy Boys Friday.

My nephew is living in Scotland and is so apolitical/areligious you would not believe it, but thanks for asking.

You are a really shit troll BTW.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:53, TheCelt67 said:

Pretty much my way of thinking.  We can't just ban things we don't like, however regarding their marches, I believe more pressure should be put on the OO in regards to who follow them.  The OO go to of "they're nothing to do with us" whenever there is trouble is a lot of shite.  Yes, the may not be members but it's no coincidence that a bunch of toothless drunks just happen to be on the streets.  They are there because the OO are there and it's time they faced up to that responsibility.

For the interest of fairness, there is due to be a fair sized Republican march through Glasgow city centre some time next month.  So if you fancy seeing cheap suits, tracksuits and one size fits all band uniforms but from a 'those who kick with the left foot' point of view, be sure to get yourself along.

This is not the place for talking sense sir, please desist.