Teams to allocate squad numbers to players - Instructed by SPFL

A nice gimmick, makes the first division look more professional, I'm sure the players will like being able to choose their own numbers. You could judge a player from their number, If they are an OF fan number 67 or 72, Immature 69 and if they are a fat b*****d 99 will do.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash

Grown men with "Mitchell 2" on the back of their top, will no be even more ridiculous than just wearing the top.

Even better when the player leaves in the January window.

Everybody on P & B should have to get a shirt with their username on the back.

Seriously, if people like it and think it is more professional, then the small additional cost is irrelevant. It is hardly "modern" though, given that the Scotland international team had names on the back more than 30 years ago.

I await with slight disinterest and a whiff of ennui the first person in the crowd each year to have "10 Trialist" on their replica top.

Laugh? I nearly...ach, make the rest up yourself.

If you got 69 on your shirt and scored it would criminal not to point the back of your shirt and then point to a random lass in the crowd. Everyone loves a shagger

If you got 69 on your shirt and scored it would criminal not to point the back of your shirt and then point to a random lass in the crowd. Everyone loves a shagger

Women at lower league football? What sorcery is this?!

Oooft. That could go very badly at the Recs.

Initially it will be a good idea.

Because there are so many changes to teams at the start of every season, we'll at least get to know a bit quicker who's who.

Expense wise i don't think there'll be much difference because teams need to have 3 different sizes s/m/l for each number anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Is the XL size not issued to every player in long or short sleeved reardless of size? I know it is for Cowden.

Easy to spot the fans who would rather all clubs were run by committees and players got drunk with fans after the games.

Good move IMO.

Far easier to spot the daft wee scrotes who are easily seduced by any stupid wee gimmick.

It's not a case of being seduced. It's a small thing that won't cost much and makes the league look more professional. Whether you like it or not, it does help the perception of the "brand" Anything that can boost the profile of the Scottish leagues is welcome. I'm really struggling to see the negatives of such a move tbh.

We should be looking to be innovative though and trying different things as well. Never going to compete with English football and any attempt to do so with bring about unwelcome comparisons.

Archived