Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

Bathgate boys tell me they went sniffin for Bairdy and Kenny Martin because they hadn't even been approached about resigning for "The Hoose" since the end of the season.

If Bairdy and Martin were appreciated that much by the Fauldhouse staff, why didn't they make sure they were the first players signed up at the end of last season ????

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bairdy nearly chucked it at the start of last season. Took him all of pre season and first few games to get back into it. He didn't convince me he wanted to stay when I spoke to him at end of season presentation and perhaps his move was on the cards. King Kenny though is invaluable. He could have scored 50+ last season as he gets loads of chances. He seems better with less time to think... Clean through with just the keeper to beat????? Heads or tails....... A cross ball or a goal mouth scramble or a neat pass to slip him in?? Goal. Has to be kept!!!!

He scores when he wants, he scores when he waaaaaaaants, Kenny martin, he scores when he wants.

Mon the Hoose!

I hope I am wrong but unless we add to the squad then I suspect mid-table too. We played Ballingry last season and even though we played well and had a few people missing, they were better than us and over a season would be above us.

Just an honest comment. I am hoping for and expecting some decent signings to bolster the team, not just the squad.

Mon the Hoose!

I actually have no fear about the up coming season kinky, Davie steph and Colin have proven the know what it takes to win, we just need to take everything we done last year and make it that bit better, fans Included my tall friend, the comitee, and players need to want it, Kenny won't go his brother is signed and heard he wants a few season playing together before he's done

Not heard anything about bo'Ness for any of those, Ross has signed up again and matting is out of contract bit die up for talks this week, Bathgate have also been at Martin and shanks would be a big miss to any club for his ability 20 odd goals last year but I'd sell his attitude to any club for the rite amount,

what would be the "right " amount to sell my attitude? haha

what would be the "right " amount to sell my attitude? haha

A hoose fan saying that about u shanks just shows that ur 20 something goals and loyal service to the club is for what? I think u should do what the rumours say and speak to Bathgate and u'd be surprised at how much respect u'd receive and would be welcomed

A hoose fan saying that about u shanks just shows that ur 20 something goals and loyal service to the club is for what? I think u should do what the rumours say and speak to Bathgate and u'd be surprised at how much respect u'd receive and would be welcomed

The point is we fans dont speak for the club , its all about peoples opinions and perceptions isnt it , for me you couldnt afford his bad foot ( which one is that ) unplayable most days!!

to be fair its says his team is "celtic" so wouldnt trust anything he says!

and it was 22 goals in 24 starts just for the record ;) and i never got to play against harthill :(

to be fair its says his team is "celtic" so wouldnt trust anything he says!

and it was 22 goals in 24 starts just for the record ;) and i never got to play against harthill :(

Haha mate good return for a player that has just seen a post that his attitude would be sold for the right price?

Haha mate good return for a player that has just seen a post that his attitude would be sold for the right price?

my attitude always has and always will be questioned, my work rate in previous seasons has been questionable and i am big enough to admit that but that was addressed last year and even won over a few people who i didnt think would ever be won over so this kinda stick doesnt worry me, gives me something to laugh at while i try and pass the days at work before my holidays. what does concern me is that looking at this person other posts it looks like we share a dressing room???

Just shows u mate, ur a decent enough guy to admit when ur under performing but try to make it right but obviously one of ur 'teammates' is jealous and back stabbing so why stay there?

my attitude always has and always will be questioned, my work rate in previous seasons has been questionable and i am big enough to admit that but that was addressed last year and even won over a few people who i didnt think would ever be won over so this kinda stick doesnt worry me, gives me something to laugh at while i try and pass the days at work before my holidays. what does concern me is that looking at this person other posts it looks like we share a dressing room???

Sir Shanksy of Fawhoo is on his day one of the best players in the league. I have always said that. I think though he would give some of his attitude away for free never mind selling it. He should be in the team every match...... but unfortunately sometimes his mooth causes him to be subbed, dropped or suspended. I know he doesn't like that, he wants to play and the fans want him to play, that's why people comment about him.

The day they stop talking about you Gary is the day you know they don't want you.

I am looking forward to receiving some abuse from you next year and giving you it back. Make sure it is from the pitch, not the dug out! The fans love Shanksy so whoever says different is talking rubbish.

Mon the mooth , sorry, the Hoose!

Shanksy bhoy, I'll happily stick my big nose out & admit I've been one of your biggest critics down the years.

Football ability never in doubt, just that crazy willingness to take a bight out of everything in your vicinity.

Even the ones that have absolutely hee-haw to do with you, but you throw yourself right in there, they were always the best ones.

Cards on the table though pal, I've noticed a massive change over the last year.

Still got that wee bit of fire in your belly, but you don't want too & better not lose that pal.

Biggest difference being the noticeable change in temperament, which was a pleasant surprise.

Keep doing what you're doing mate & more importantly, keep listening to the old codjers that think they know it all.

You should be playing every week, that's a fact, but the best team isn't always the team that deserves to play every week, there's a lot more too it than just kicking a ball mate.

Take it easy pal & all the very best for next season,,,

Shanksy bhoy, I'll happily stick my big nose out & admit I've been one of your biggest critics down the years.

Football ability never in doubt, just that crazy willingness to take a bight out of everything in your vicinity.

Even the ones that have absolutely hee-haw to do with you, but you throw yourself right in there, they were always the best ones.

Cards on the table though pal, I've noticed a massive change over the last year.

Still got that wee bit of fire in your belly, but you don't want too & better not lose that pal.

Biggest difference being the noticeable change in temperament, which was a pleasant surprise.

Keep doing what you're doing mate & more importantly, keep listening to the old codjers that think they know it all.

You should be playing every week, that's a fact, but the best team isn't always the team that deserves to play every week, there's a lot more too it than just kicking a ball mate.

Take it easy pal & all the very best for next season,,,

cheers mate, appreciate these kind words maybe more so as very unexpected!! haha there has been a massive change took me a while but getting there haha managed only the 5 yellow cards last year which for me is unbelieveable but did get a red (undeserved) so for anyone to question my attitude is ridick!! yeah am not happy when am a sub or when a get subbed but why would i be? i want to be playing football not watching it?

not seen u since we played use but congrats on promotion with pumphy great achievement and its ashame u cant now take over at bathgate too!! i had faith in pumphy, so much so a certain mr cahoon owes me 100 quid stil...

hopefully catch up with u at the bathgate vs hoose game!!

Just shows u mate, ur a decent enough guy to admit when ur under performing but try to make it right but obviously one of ur 'teammates' is jealous and back stabbing so why stay there?

Leave the boys alone. They are allowed opinions. I got frustrated when our good players got suspended for rubbish last year. I dare say the players felt the same. Shanksy was not alone though.

He has done well last year and his work rate was vastly improved from the year before. Davie Cowan rates him very highly I know that for a fact having discussed his precocious talent on numerous occasions. When we played Ballingry last season he was a stand out and can excel in the new higher league.

Players need discipline and need a manager who doesn't take any of their nonsense and tries to show them the right road. Shanksy knows it so it is up to him to follow it. I really hope he does.

Mon the Hoose!

Leave the boys alone. They are allowed opinions. I got frustrated when our good players got suspended for rubbish last year. I dare say the players felt the same. Shanksy was not alone though.

He has done well last year and his work rate was vastly improved from the year before. Davie Cowan rates him very highly I know that for a fact having discussed his precocious talent on numerous occasions. When we played Ballingry last season he was a stand out and can excel in the new higher league.

Players need discipline and need a manager who doesn't take any of their nonsense and tries to show them the right road. Shanksy knows it so it is up to him to follow it. I really hope he does.

Mon the Hoose!

Did you have to post it 5 times lol

It's not all about the money !! it's about feeling appreciated and not being mucked about

Kellsash.....thats a strong statement to make! I cant recall Baird being mucked about or indeed not being appreciated......by fans, players, management and the committee at the hoose! The one thing at the hoose is that we fully appreciate good hard working honest players.....and Bairdie was 1 of them.

Money certainly talks trust me and whilst the hoose may not be able to compete with what has been offered we will still be a force in the Premier next season. I wish Bairdie all the best next season. Bathgate have a good signing so lets see how well they do.

Kellsash.....thats a strong statement to make! I cant recall Baird being mucked about or indeed not being appreciated......by fans, players, management and the committee at the hoose! The one thing at the hoose is that we fully appreciate good hard working honest players.....and Bairdie was 1 of them.

Money certainly talks trust me and whilst the hoose may not be able to compete with what has been offered we will still be a force in the Premier next season. I wish Bairdie all the best next season. Bathgate have a good signing so lets see how well they do.

Fu think he might of been talking about the boy fi blackburn and not bairdy?

Guess this guy doesn't want to progress his football career ;-)

Well he wont progress it much with Fauldhouse :P He's capable of playing Superleague and if he does leave one day I hope its to an SL club.

Well he wont progress it much with Fauldhouse :P He's capable of playing Superleague and if he does leave one day I hope its to an SL club.

Whatever........but to be honest the last kind of player we need is a striker!!! We only scored 133 goals last season :lol: take u lot about 3 seasons to do that! :thumsup2

Archived