Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

The wonders of Steam. A few weeks ago I got a voucher for 50% off Motorsport Manager as I play Football Manager. Kept it until today as it's payday and I had something else to sort that I'd have got distracted from if I bought the game. Try to buy it and get an error, regardless of whether it's at home or at work, with my card or PayPal.

Message their support and am told the game is currently half price for everyone and can't use my voucher. Fine. However, I'm also told that as the voucher is in my inventory (they put it there, not me) the system won't let me buy the game until it's back on full price and then I can use my voucher. To me, that seems nuts - I want to give them money and they're effectively telling me to come back in a week's time!

The only way round this is to trade the voucher. No idea how to do that but if anyone does and wants to help out...

On 15/02/2017 at 19:48, Stu said:

The wonders of Steam. A few weeks ago I got a voucher for 50% off Motorsport Manager as I play Football Manager. Kept it until today as it's payday and I had something else to sort that I'd have got distracted from if I bought the game. Try to buy it and get an error, regardless of whether it's at home or at work, with my card or PayPal.

Message their support and am told the game is currently half price for everyone and can't use my voucher. Fine. However, I'm also told that as the voucher is in my inventory (they put it there, not me) the system won't let me buy the game until it's back on full price and then I can use my voucher. To me, that seems nuts - I want to give them money and they're effectively telling me to come back in a week's time!

The only way round this is to trade the voucher. No idea how to do that but if anyone does and wants to help out...

Seems mental

I'm currently trying to buy FM17 and wondering why on earth its £35!

Edited by Marr1

• 4 weeks later...

In the midst of upgrading my PC.

Currently running a 

R9 270X 2GB
8GB 1600mhz corsair Vengence
AMD A8 6600K 3.9 Ghz 4 core

Once the last parts arrive tomorrow ill be upgrading to a 

R9 290X 4GB(best friend gave me it for nothing, twice the power of my current)
Bought another 8gb of the same ram to bring me up to 16gb @ 1600mz
AMD FX 8350 8 core @ 4ghz
MSI 970 Motherboard

i also have a beefier power supply for them aswell. 

Thoughts? 

15 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Currently running a 

R9 270X 2GB

MSI 970 Motherboard

Thoughts? 

Nice :)

Very similar in spec wise to my setup, although I have an intel CPU and NVIDIA GFX card

Currently running a 

R9 270X 2GB

MSI 970 Motherboard

Thoughts? 

So what you gonna watch first on netflix?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone got steam link and controller. Almost bought them as on sale for £27 for the two though then they want another £10 on delivery.  I have read they are good for keyboard and mouse games if you want to say use it on couch or another room.  Are they good for streaming other stuff from pc say if mrs is in living room I can easily stream stuff from pc to tv in other room that Id be using chrome for etc. 

On 11/26/2017 at 11:19, grazza said:

Anyone got steam link and controller. Almost bought them as on sale for £27 for the two though then they want another £10 on delivery.  I have read they are good for keyboard and mouse games if you want to say use it on couch or another room.  Are they good for streaming other stuff from pc say if mrs is in living room I can easily stream stuff from pc to tv in other room that Id be using chrome for etc. 

Might be better putting this in the E-Chat Technology forum.

Just joined the master race of PC owners; got myself a decent setup with plenty of scope for upgrading. 

Intel i5-1700 CPU @ 3.00GHz

8GB of DDR4 HyperX Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB of GDDR5)

1TB HD, 120GB SSD

ASUS H110M-R Motherboard.

Runs most things on high, except PUBG which it can steadily run on medium settings at around 40-50fps. 

On 30/11/2017 at 17:57, SweeperDee said:

Just joined the master race of PC owners; got myself a decent setup with plenty of scope for upgrading. 

Intel i5-1700 CPU @ 3.00GHz

8GB of DDR4 HyperX Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB of GDDR5)

1TB HD, 120GB SSD

ASUS H110M-R Motherboard.

Runs most things on high, except PUBG which it can steadily run on medium settings at around 40-50fps. 

I suggest your first upgrade should be to 16GB RAM.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...