Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

I feel like there should be a thread where good deals can be pointed out. There are fantastic deals on a daily basis atm, so it's easy to miss them!

Got Mafia 2 for £4 today, 75% off. Excellent game. :D

P&B Steam names if you want to add folk:

Forehead7 - forehead77
Jobby - RossLobster
Groaninjock - Groaninjock
Islay - Islay
Turbo_dee - Turbo_dee
TwisteH - TwisteH (Has pic of GTA V as profile pic, not a Scotland flag that's an old acc)
Stewbo - TheStewPup
upsidedownturtle - upsidedownturtle
Mr Hahn - Jazzbandido
wisbit - wisbit
Edited by Guest

I'm afraid not! When does that start, out of interest?

I just thought a thread dedicated to Steam sales would be a good idea so we don't miss out on deals that only last a short time etc.

Good shout. I don't know when it starts, unfortunately - should be soon, given that today's officially the first day of summer, apparently! :)

Sites like www.savygamer.co.uk are good for following games deals, btw.

Crusader Kings 2 for 18 bucks seems decent. Bit too much thought required for me personally but apparently it's on of the best strategy games you can get if you put the time into it.

Also theres a top class Game Of thrones mod for it :ph34r:

Crusader Kings 2 for 18 bucks seems decent. Bit too much thought required for me personally but apparently it's on of the best strategy games you can get if you put the time into it.

Also theres a top class Game Of thrones mod for it  :ph34r:

Got it a while ago off Amazon, it's fucking magic. It focuses far less on the warfare side of things and more on political agendas and negotiations, etc. As you can imagine this suits a mod focusing on the intricacies of the world of ice and fire, and it does deliver. It's not completely finished yet either but it's very well done and ambitious. It's not a game that you can really pick up whenever you have a spare half hour as it requires full attention as it's easy to immerse yourself in. Perfect for those days in the house off work when you can't be bothered doing anything worthwhile. :)

Got it a while ago off Amazon, it's fucking magic. It focuses far less on the warfare side of things and more on political agendas and negotiations, etc. As you can imagine this suits a mod focusing on the intricacies of the world of ice and fire, and it does deliver. It's not completely finished yet either but it's very well done and ambitious. It's not a game that you can really pick up whenever you have a spare half hour as it requires full attention as it's easy to immerse yourself in. Perfect for those days in the house off work when you can't be bothered doing anything worthwhile. :)

I bought it along with Victoria II and Europa Universalis when the Paradox sale was on. Absolutely engrossing games. Have you seen the Elder Scroll's mod as well? Been playing in Skyrim and it's great fun as well incorporating things like the Dragonborn, necromancers, goblins and the Dark Brotherhood.

Was considering Arma II as well for Day Z. In the end I decided I couldn't be arsed. Might change my mind if it gets even more off in the summer sale though...

Depends if your PC is a monster. I haven't played it but I've heard it runs terribly.

It's good (my PC) runs most console games perfectly at highest settings although I hear its buggy as hell regardless :(

Good shout. I don't know when it starts, unfortunately - should be soon, given that today's officially the first day of summer, apparently! :)

Sites like www.savygamer.co.uk are good for following games deals, btw.

Good site that, tempted to get the McRae Dirt bundle for PC.