*****The Official UK Grime Thread*****

Tempa T and P Money > everything else. Alot of the grime artists have moved into the mainstream and money wise I don't blame them. However the more aggressive and rough the grime the better

:lol::lol:

Just because he is rapping fast doesn't make it good. The flow is terrible and totally off beat.

I wouldn't say the flow is terrible at all, but I agree that it's a little bit off beat which is a shame. I was talking more in terms of lyricism than anything else. None of the others hold a candle to him in that regard.

On 09/06/2013 at 00:01, mrcat1990 said:

Tempa T and P Money > everything else. Alot of the grime artists have moved into the mainstream and money wise I don't blame them. However the more aggressive and rough the grime the better

Tempa T is dreadful. One hit wonder. P money has kinda fallen off, tried to go pop with magnetic man and didn't really work which left him red faced. Wiley is the don for me personally.

Edited by RawB93

Not a fan of Wiley, but he's pretty good in this.

Wiley's my all time favourite grime MC. He invented the genre and is, in my opinion of course, the best to do it. Obviously you may scratch your head at his mainstream releases like Heatwave, but I think it's just testament to how well he understands music and how to make a living from it. His 'It's All Fun and Games 'Til' mixtape last year was fucking brilliant. Here's one of my fave freestyles by him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3dJ-_qE0N4

Edit: clearly the simple video embedding instructions are lost on me

Edited by RawB93

Fucking hell guys it's 2013. Wiley's had a number one chart hit, you can hear dub on X Factor and Dizzee Rascal's rapping with Robbie Williams.

I know guys, get a grip. Imagine coming onto a music forum and discussing tunes from the past rather than tunes from..erm..the future.

I know guys, get a grip. Imagine coming onto a music forum and discussing tunes from the past rather than tunes from..erm..the future.

So when will folk shut the f**k up about Oasis and The Beatles then? Nice to enjoy music old and new hombre.