The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

I finally got around to completing this last week having left the game about 50% of the way through back in July. I loved every second of it, and it's comfortably one of my favourite games of all time, it's not perfect, but it's damn near close. It took me about 22 hours all in on Normal difficulty to complete it - due to dying a fair few times at certain sections and just fannying about too much. The next day I started it again on the Hard difficulty and got through it in about 16 hours this time. Given a lot of the early sections of the game I'd done months ago, it was nice to go back and do them again as some of my favourite parts of the game are in that first 50%. I'll probably give Survivor mode a go at a later date, but I think completing it twice in the space of a week is enough for now. :ph34r:

Very much looking forward to the DLC. The sections you play as Ellie in the game were excellent, so hopefully this is just as good.

Uncharted 2 is better than anything I've played in the current (previous?) generation. Better than Skyrim, better than TLOU, better than GTA5.

It's a brilliant, brilliant game and I've completed it on Crushing and have all trophies but one, however I must say I prefer Skyrim and TLOU. That is perhaps because I played Uncharted when it first came out, but I think Skyrim is much better just dick about on and continue exploring, and TLOU is basically a better and slightly different version of Uncharted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great game and thought the story line was really good. Not my usual type of game to go for but I got right into it and will now buy more games with similar genre.

Has anyone completed it? I gave up for a while as I couldnt get past the part where Ellie had to kill the guy she ran into ( cant remember his name) bye using stealth and stabbing him in the back 3 times.

I will admit, I got nervous :unsure::lol:

Just completed it last night took about 12 hours. It was fucking awesome the graphics are immense the story is good the characters are likeable. You have to work at killing runners, clickers and hunters you can't just stand back and blast them.

I've been meaning to go back, I got stuck at a bit.

IIRC, Joel and Ellie get separated when Joel falls down a lift shaft. I want to say they're in school but I don't think they are (it's not when they meet Joel's old friend and are trying to get the car battery, it's after that). Joel is walking around and I think the door you were trying to get through requires a keycard but I couldn't find it. The section was filled with those clicker things and I just couldn't find the card so gave up.

TBH, I wasn't wowed by it. It was good but I certainly think it got overhyped and I was expecting too much going in.

I've been meaning to go back, I got stuck at a bit.

IIRC, Joel and Ellie get separated when Joel falls down a lift shaft. I want to say they're in school but I don't think they are (it's not when they meet Joel's old friend and are trying to get the car battery, it's after that). Joel is walking around and I think the door you were trying to get through requires a keycard but I couldn't find it. The section was filled with those clicker things and I just couldn't find the card so gave up.

TBH, I wasn't wowed by it. It was good but I certainly think it got overhyped and I was expecting too much going in.

You didnt get to the wow parts yet, use a guide or a wiki or whatever to get you past the bit you're stuck at because the actual game bit isn't all that important, its the story you need to experience

If I'm halfway through the game and it's not gripped me then it's not exactly doing a fantastic job.

Watch someone else play it, one of those games you have to see through even if the gameplay is a bit meh. You'll thank me afterwards

forehead7, on 06 Mar 2014 - 21:49, said:

If I'm halfway through the game and it's not gripped me then it's not exactly doing a fantastic job.

I don't think you can blame the game, it done an utterly amazing job tbf.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...