The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

Just got paid, missed getting this last week. Is this worth going and buying full price for the 12 hours game play?

Is it simply a one play through game etc?

Yes. Online is decent too. Incentives to play through more than once but I've not had the urge to as of yet.

Yes. Online is decent too. Incentives to play through more than once but I've not had the urge to as of yet.

Ah sweet mate, what is the online mode like? Is it just like Survival mode? or is there more game play online?

Ah sweet mate, what is the online mode like? Is it just like Survival mode? or is there more game play online?

It's pretty much two forms of a team deathmatch type round. One is in which your team of 4 has 1 life each and must kill the other team, best out of 7 wins the whole game. The other game type is called Supply Raid, in which you have 20 lives for your team of 4 overall. The ultimate winner is the one's still alive at the end.

In both game modes there are supply chests dotted around the maps in which you have to collect stuff to craft better weapons, health kits etcetera.

There's an overall purpose to these game modes, however, as you are placed in charge of a group, either the hunters or the fireflies, whoever you choose to lead doesn't really matter, there's not any difference. Basically, the better you do in these two game formats, the more people you gain in your group and have to look after. You look after these people by doing things such as crafting weapons in the online mode, but most importantly, picking up food pots from the people you have killed online. If you fail to do this, your people will get hungry, sick and die. You have to survive a total of 12 weeks, and each online game you play is counted as a single day. Throughout your online adventure, you're presented with a variety of tasks that you have to deal with and essentially train your group to do - For example, if a firefly/hunter group should attack your group, you have 3 days/games to execute a certain task of your choosing such as executions, special executions, downs, revives or whatever, if you succeed in the task you'll only lose/gain a certain amount of your group.

Of course, the better you do online, the more prosperous your group becomes and the harder it is to feed them all. There are tasks that threaten 100% of your population, and if you were to fail the task entirely, you would have to start from scratch at week 1 again.

Much like CoD, you unlock better weapons as you go along, but you start with only 10 loadout points in which you can spend and equip only certain things. The online mode, in my experience seems much better than CoD, in that people within your team are genuinely trying to help and support each other rather than just be in it for themselves - Afterall, without your team working together, you won't stand much of a chance of surviving.

You can also personalise your group of 'survivors' by linking it to your Facebook if you should so desire, and that makes your facebook friends become your survivors that you have to protect.

It's pretty much two forms of a team deathmatch type round. One is in which your team of 4 has 1 life each and must kill the other team, best out of 7 wins the whole game. The other game type is called Supply Raid, in which you have 20 lives for your team of 4 overall. The ultimate winner is the one's still alive at the end.

In both game modes there are supply chests dotted around the maps in which you have to collect stuff to craft better weapons, health kits etcetera.

There's an overall purpose to these game modes, however, as you are placed in charge of a group, either the hunters or the fireflies, whoever you choose to lead doesn't really matter, there's not any difference. Basically, the better you do in these two game formats, the more people you gain in your group and have to look after. You look after these people by doing things such as crafting weapons in the online mode, but most importantly, picking up food pots from the people you have killed online. If you fail to do this, your people will get hungry, sick and die. You have to survive a total of 12 weeks, and each online game you play is counted as a single day. Throughout your online adventure, you're presented with a variety of tasks that you have to deal with and essentially train your group to do - For example, if a firefly/hunter group should attack your group, you have 3 days/games to execute a certain task of your choosing such as executions, special executions, downs, revives or whatever, if you succeed in the task you'll only lose/gain a certain amount of your group.

Of course, the better you do online, the more prosperous your group becomes and the harder it is to feed them all. There are tasks that threaten 100% of your population, and if you were to fail the task entirely, you would have to start from scratch at week 1 again.

Much like CoD, you unlock better weapons as you go along, but you start with only 10 loadout points in which you can spend and equip only certain things. The online mode, in my experience seems much better than CoD, in that people within your team are genuinely trying to help and support each other rather than just be in it for themselves - Afterall, without your team working together, you won't stand much of a chance of surviving.

You can also personalise your group of 'survivors' by linking it to your Facebook if you should so desire, and that makes your facebook friends become your survivors that you have to protect.

Ludo what a hero! I was in two minds. Fantastic write up mate. Thank you sir!

Is this game in the same mould as the early Resident Evil games. Things jumping out on you, problem solving type stuff?

Will probably try it anyway based on the reviews on here but Resi 1 is the best game I've played and I'd love this to be similar but better if that makes sense?

Is this game in the same mould as the early Resident Evil games. Things jumping out on you, problem solving type stuff? Will probably try it anyway based on the reviews on here but Resi 1 is the best game I've played and I'd love this to be similar but better if that makes sense?

Original Resident Evil is my favourite game as well. This, however, isn't really like that, it's more of a mix of Uncharted/Silent Hill/MGS in my view.

No, it's not like resident evil at all. More uncharted or new tomb raider. It's a million times better than any resident evil game of recent years too.

The last Resident Evil game I played was no.5 and it was terrible.

Last one I really enjoyed was Code Veronica.

I haven't played Uncharted or the new Tomb Raider but have heard good things about them also. Think I'll buy this tomorrow.

It's a million times better than any resident evil game of recent years too.

That's a bloody understatement. Resident Evil 6 is the worst thing to happen anywhere ever. Complete farce of a game. I loved the first two Resi games but the recent efforts they've churned out are beneath contempt.

As far as games I've played this year I'd actually give Tomb Raider the edge. Not much in it though.

The first encounter with clickers in the subway thing was fucking tense :lol:

That bit really is fucking tremendous. In fairness you're basically bricking it constantly with this game. Something is always about to happen, or it seems that way at least.