The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

• 3 months later...

I just love this game. I mean I seriously love it. It'll take some beating for this to ever be pushed off my No. 1. spot.

For a game that spends large parts just rummaging for items I never seem to tire of doing it. I really can't figure out why this doesn't become tedious. My only theory is that that's the downtime and this is the time you're grateful to not being eaten or shot at. The blend just seems to be perfect. Not always Hunters but not always Clickers et al. It mixes the enemy up perfectly.

I reckon I'd be content walking around a city in this game just taking in the surroundings. They have absolutely nailed the background.

I don't think I've ever replayed a story based game before and I'm on my 3rd/4th run of this game. I don't think I'll ever give away this disc as I'll play it again and again.

I'm looking forward to the second one and am buzzing they have made it but I will be absolutely blown away if it even comes close to this masterpiece.

I love Joel and Ellie, I love this game and I fucking love Naughty Dog [emoji3]

(Just noticed there's a helluva "I"/"I'll's" in there. What a self-centred p***k).

I eventually got round to getting this tail end of last year as a birthday present, it was after it was voted best game of all time on this very forum I decided I should try it despite it not being my type of game on paper. Remastered version on ps4.

I think as a story it's 10/10 and the atmosphere and pacing etc is all spot on, and there are some really remarkable scenes (the opening act, the fight with David, the giraffe)....just as a video game I got bored probably around the university part, I was more interested in the cutscenes and how the story would progress once I'd finished a level than working out how I was going to get past the next 7 batches of clickers / hunters, and the crafting side of things seems like it's there for the sake of it.  To the extent I just watched a no commentary playthrough on the left behind DLC and probably enjoyed it just as much as actually playing it. 

It's still very good but IMO it's not anywhere near GOAT territory in terms of playability. Given the post above and many others on the thread I know I'm in a minority, but yeah, to me it's a brilliant story with a good game attached.

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I eventually got round to getting this tail end of last year as a birthday present, it was after it was voted best game of all time on this very forum I decided I should try it despite it not being my type of game on paper. Remastered version on ps4.

I think as a story it's 10/10 and the atmosphere and pacing etc is all spot on, and there are some really remarkable scenes (the opening act, the fight with David, the giraffe)....just as a video game I got bored probably around the university part, I was more interested in the cutscenes and how the story would progress once I'd finished a level than working out how I was going to get past the next 7 batches of clickers / hunters, and the crafting side of things seems like it's there for the sake of it.  To the extent I just watched a no commentary playthrough on the left behind DLC and probably enjoyed it just as much as actually playing it. 

It's still very good but IMO it's not anywhere near GOAT territory in terms of playability. Given the post above and many others on the thread I know I'm in a minority, but yeah, to me it's a brilliant story with a good game attached.

This. Great story, fairly tedious gameplay - including rummaging for items ;) I think I got bored earlier in it than you did

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think I've ever replayed a story based game before and I'm on my 3rd/4th run of this game. I don't think I'll ever give away this disc as I'll play it again and again.

This and Half-Life 2 are the only (linear single-player games) I've repeatedly played through in adulthood.  HL2 is my all-time favourite but TLOU is pretty high up there.