Shite Local Festivals

Gaz

It's The Big Lunch at Rushlake Green this Sunday; drove through there earlier and there were a load of dismal looking old c***s hanging bunting off of misappropriated hop-poles, and a bloke with a high-viz jacket and a wheelbarrow full of road-cones. This was after imploring the missus not to shag me (gagging for it, for some reason) as we urgently needed to dig up some ferns and I could have done without the (albeit inevitably brief) interruption, plus I was titting about with a chainsaw and was in full-on 'Alaska's Last Frontier' rufty tufty outdoor hard b*****d mode - but it all turned out alright in the end as I later drank a bottle of vino rosso alla toscana and bought a pair of tickets to see Honeyblood in Brighton in the autumn; 8/10 - would try another Friday...

image.thumb.png.69f21061ffb94a300853161b72509e18.pngPoster-2019--724x1024.jpg

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Not really the same as the other festivals in here, but seems like the best place to put it. The Riverside festival in Glasgow last weekend honestly looks like the worst thing ever, awful music and full of spice boy bams and scheme burds. 

Was a great festival. I got my hole there! 

Unfortunately it was a 6” switchblade that caused it but, hey ho, :lol: 

First time living in West Linton during their festival which they call The Whipman Play. Load of horse riders forded a river this morning and were last seen heading into the Pentlands at speed.

There is another week of high octane events to look forward to. I'm not really feeling it yet. IMG_20190601_115056.jpgIMG_20190528_213333.jpg

17 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

First time living in West Linton during their festival which they call The Whipman Play. Load of horse riders forded a river this morning and were last seen heading into the Pentlands at speed.

There is another week of high octane events to look forward to. I'm not really feeling it yet. IMG_20190601_115056.jpg

That's a shame, you nearly made it back to the house. Were the people on horses annoyed?

Wife was helping out at the tea tent at wallyford gala. Went down to meet her when she finished and was told to help myself to some beef sausage rolls or macaroni pies. Currently enjoying one of each with a pint of T.

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I was down in Lanark last weekend and apparently the Lanimar Festival was on.

Everything was shut.

Missed Stobfest2019 but I think photo this sums it up.

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

The staff from Hamilton DHSS used to brew cider for Lanimers day in the union room. It all stopped when one of them fell out the window and broke her leg. Some of them lived in the office for a while but they got caught and evicted. Happy days!

• 1 year later...

With the current Covid it seems incredibly unlikely that any Shite Local Festivals will get the go-ahead this year, meaning legions of Orange bands will have even less places to spout their bigoted shite on the grounds that it's 'good for the community'.

Any P&Bers distraught at missing out on stuff like the Bo'ness Galaday?