Reasons to be Cheerful

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yip. Ideal for long walks along the canal towpath, dimly lit parks at night and plenty of other scenarios where a jacket like that is invaluable.

It comes in a nice shade of beige too...

55 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Drinking in the wrong pubs, Shands.

Did you go to Inverkeithing High? I'm sensing that could be the link to your chameleon-like ability to float from Regal Aberdour, through Dalgety Bay to the less regal Valleyfield.

Did you go to Inverkeithing High? I'm sensing that could be the link to your chameleon-like ability to float from Regal Aberdour, through Dalgety Bay to the less regal Valleyfield.

Correct. Let's not forget the part inverkeithing itself and rosyth play as well. With a catchment area like that, I've no idea why we were drinking, shagging and fighting before 13.

Helped out at a kids' football event today on The Meadows. The coaches taking the kids teams included Paul Kane, Mickey Weir and Allan Preston (who have been doing free coaching for months now for kids in the capital). Various players attended and were brilliant chatting to the kids for hours, getting pics, signing stuff etc (including Kenny Miller, Scott Brown, Lewis Stevenson, Leigh Griffiths, Christophe Berra, Lee Wallace, Neil Lennon and various others). 

Best of all it was all free for the kids and aimed to highlight the prohibitive cost of kids football coaching these days. I know we all love to be cynical about the world but it was great to see a few hundred kids really working hard, getting good coaching, behaving superbly and top pros taking the time to show an interest. 

3 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

The Edinburgh helping hands initiative? It's been brilliant what they've done. As much as his past goes before him, Brad Welsh has done amazing things with it.

Yes - the had a decent amount of press/tv there today. Good to see the Meadows getting used for something other than Quidditch.

6 hours ago, Rowan said:

Beer garden? Brora? You mean the back of the SA?!

Might have exaggerated a tad, seats and tables out the front. Stayed the night there, not bad. Off to sample the delights of Huntly for the game on Saturday.

Edited by welshbairn