Reasons to be Cheerful

10 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Not too far from there - not going to say exactly where on a public forum! I actually spent a bit of time around the area last year due to my girlfriend living near to there last year. 

My big thing is making friends though... would like to get into a football team but I've not played 11 a side in about 5 years

Hearts will take you.

You're a creepy b*****d.

It will be like that episode of the Simpsons when homer keeps hanging around at the Flanders all the time. Alex will eventually take out a restraining order against me.

31 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

25p for a cup of tea?

I'll give you 50p, get me one an' aw.

OK, OK, it wasn't really for a cup of tea. My plan is to hit up 400,000 or so kind philanthropists like dear Throbber and buy myself a Ferrari. With your 50p and Throbber's anticipated largesse, I'm already well on my way.

2 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Ruaridh just shat standing up (nappy on, thankfully) and it was a real wee toalie. Like a real wee person.

hashtagmuchproud
hashtagsohappiness

Sorry, but what other people do you know that shit standing up? :huh: 

5 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

This is what I was looking for! I'm a bit unsettled about it as I kind of want to live abroad now, but I'm going to give my job in Edinburgh a bash and so hopefully I do love it. I know it'll be better than Aberdeen anyway.

From your posts in the travel forum it sounds like you did a good job of researching and planning your trip to the Far East, and found some less trodden places when you were there. Just a suggestion if you get bored in Edinburgh to organise a trip and at least get a free holiday out of it. My sister and brother-in-law have made a living out of it for 20/30 years, they're not rich but spend most of their time doing what they enjoy, treks in remote places and the like. Very competitive business though.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

From your posts in the travel forum it sounds like you did a good job of researching and planning your trip to the Far East, and found some less trodden places when you were there. Just a suggestion if you get bored in Edinburgh to organise a trip and at least get a free holiday out of it. My sister and brother-in-law have made a living out of it for 20/30 years, they're not rich but spend most of their time doing what they enjoy, treks in remote places and the like. Very competitive business though.

To clarify, are you suggesting I set up some sort of travel company? I wouldn't know where to start!

1 minute ago, Alex_14 said:

To clarify, are you suggesting I set up some sort of travel company? I wouldn't know where to start!

Aye, bit pished and probably daft idea. They started by organising trips for friends and it grew out of that. They were both experienced and trained mountaineers and trainer/teachers which probably helped.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, bit pished and probably daft idea. They started by organising trips for friends and it grew out of that. They were both experienced and trained mountaineers and trainer/teachers which probably helped.

It's an idea that the group I was with came up with, that we could actually become some sort of bespoke travel arrangers/ tour guides. It's incredibly unrealistic, though...you never know.