Reasons to be Cheerful

Have you not seen the film 2001: A Space Odyssey before? It’s only a matter of time before Alexa locks you in your house and turns the temperature up to 1000 degrees and melts you alive.

You appear to be perspiring Dave?

After not turning up on Sunday and leaving me the equivalent of two days' work yesterday morning - which is the busiest day of the week anyway - the boy who should have been in on Sunday morning actually turned up for his shift last night and got his arse booted.

Also I'm off until the 12th of March so I no longer care.

Also this is the 12000th reply to this thread.

20 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Had no idea those bulbs existed either. I'll be purchasing tomorrow. Like GD, I thought it required something a lot more technical.

When you look online ( I presume you have) their are fair few different ones. Not just a matter of putting them in and that's it. Do you're homework on them

Gman,  if it learns to lay slabs you're fucked.

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Currently speaking with a project manager based in India over IM.  The guys name is Surender.   

He's asked me a daft question and whether I've completed the task that he's half arsedly sent to me, which left a total tap in for me to answer

"No, Surender...." 

Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright
They just seem a little weird.

On 2/20/2018 at 07:15, G_Man1985 said:

we are way behind nations like Japan*

indeed; i yearn for the day that bukkake is on the national curriculum, there are vending machines on street corners selling schoolgirl's panties and we're all drinking pocari sweat....

5a8d88b17ec2d_51Vt6OrVgL._SX355_BO1204203200_.jpg.bb974dfaffb295b25790cc1f63cdf012.jpg

*selectively edited to justify lowbrow smut

33 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

indeed; i yearn for the day that bukkake is on the national curriculum, there are vending machines on street corners selling schoolgirl's panties and we're all drinking pocari sweat....

5a8d88b17ec2d_51Vt6OrVgL._SX355_BO1204203200_.jpg.bb974dfaffb295b25790cc1f63cdf012.jpg

*selectively edited to justify lowbrow smut

Image result for oh wow gif

120m people just about covered (no pun intended) in one sweeping statement.....

Might just do it anyway. #Moneybags
Ikea have smart bulbs now as do Hive and Philips Hue. I've got the Hue bulbs in some of the rooms and they are excellent. I've got the colour changing ones in the living room and a light strip behind the TV for bias lighting. I wouldn't fancy putting some unknown gearbest WiFi bulb on my network.

I understand someone received a delivery of cat food from Amazon that they didn't order, and it turned out their Alexa ordered it because there was an advert on the telly for Alexa, and Alexa picked up on this. #AlexaCeption

I understand someone received a delivery of cat food from Amazon that they didn't order, and it turned out their Alexa ordered it because there was an advert on the telly for Alexa, and Alexa picked up on this. #AlexaCeption

Easily done imho. Our Google Home will frequently spring into life because its picked up something someone said on the tv. It's supposed to only respond to OK Google or Hey Google but its clearly listening to everything.

Alexa maybe understands cat speak. 
220px-Charley_says.jpg
" Okay Charly, you want me to order you two tons of catnip, some fish, some cream and some rat poison to feed to the dog?". 

You’ll understand what’s happened once Rents keels over then. Excellent.