Reasons to be Cheerful

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I obviously never saw enough of Hua Hin but the town itself and the beach were pretty shit. As was our hotel.

She has been to Thailand for the last 5 years and will try something new. For me Hua is a no no for first timers.

A pal of mine is playing in the Abu Dhabi Golf Tour Event this week. He's 1000/1 for those looking for a bit of value! [emoji2]
#TeamTam

Tom Buchanan? He’s 2000/1 on skybet. If that’s yer pal, I hope he wins it!

41 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Just found a box of 24 bottles of MGD, in my cupboard under the stairs, that I forgot I had.  And it's still in date.

What kind of deviant would check/give a f**k about best before dates on booze? You don’t deserve this treasure haul.

Edited by Shandon Par

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What kind of deviant would check/give a f**k about best before dates on booze? You don’t deserve this treasure haul.

I hardly think Miller can be counted as a treasure haul

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

A parent :(

ETA not that I give my kids booze or anything, I just meant being in the habit of checking Use By dates on stuff.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

A parent :(

ETA not that I give my kids booze or anything, I just meant being in the habit of checking Use By dates on stuff.

I’m forever giving my poor daughter glasses of out of date milk. Poor kid.  Suppose I should follow your lead here.

36 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Great new mate, that's a decent start.  

Cheers mate.  Liver function was still high but only slightly and the Doctor thinks this may be to do with developing a fatty liver as opposed to my chemo. He's kept my dosage the same as a result. 

Like you say, decent start but a long way to go.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I’m forever giving my poor daughter glasses of out of date milk. Poor kid.  Suppose I should follow your lead here.

My Dad and I were the only ones in our house who liked milk as a beverage but my sisters were forced to drink it all the same "because it's good for you." My ol' mum didn't drink it herself but used it for cooking and baking of course. She  would frequently hand me a glass of the stuff with the instruction "Here, drink this and tell me if it's gone off."