Reasons to be Cheerful

This is our 15th Christmas in Colorado and for only the second time, we have snow falling on the morning of. It's Bing Crosby-esque out there. I'm sitting here with an Irish Coffee to get the heart started and if Mrs. Shotgun ever stops farting around in the kitchen, we can get on with the gift grab. 

Merrcrissmesserrboddy!

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:
2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Carry on up the Khyber just came on.

Carry on films been on itv 3 all day its superb

Camping now...It keeps getting better.

I'm taking the cow to the bull.

Couldn't your father do that?

No, it has to be the bull.

Woke up this morning, opened presents with my girlfriend and had a breakfast that consisted of red onion and chive bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese and poached eggs. This was accompanied with wine.

She left not long after and went back home to her folks in deepest Galloway. I then watched Jurassic Park in my jammies, while having another glass or two of wine.

Went out for dinner at 2 with my folks, to the same place we go every year. Food was phenomenal as usual and more wine was consumed.

Afterwards, went back to my folks where me and my step-dad polished off a bottle of Taylor’s 2007 vintage port.

I’m now back home on my own, drinking more wine, eating sweets and watching David Attenborough.

I fucking love Christmas, so so much.

The kids were up at 15 minutes past midnight. At 4am I had to tell them again to get back to bed. I then had to wake them at 7.45. A morning of mayhem and excitement before I went to work for the back shift. A quiet back shift after an apparently hellish morning. My secret santa gifts had so obviously had a lot of thought go  into them, very suited to me. It's been a lovely day after I'd been dreading it for ages. I'm feeling very grateful for the people I have around me. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My sister had a wee boy yesterday on what would have been my dad's birthday and named him after him 

The circle of life is a great healer. Out with the folks earlier today and a few years shed when reminiscing about my big sis and my dad. Brilliant having the youngsters around and seeing similarities in them with family members they never even knew.

Since around midday on Christmas day, I started feeling quite ill. Didn't really eat much of my Christmas dinner and hardly had a drink then had a feverish sleep. Was supposed to be going to the pub yesterday with friends but had to cancel as I just got worse, couldn't even hold water down and spent the day drifting in and out of sleep. However, I've woke up today feeling fresh as a daisy so will make up for lost time and will be stuffing my face and getting absolutely steaming.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Since around midday on Christmas day, I started feeling quite ill. Didn't really eat much of my Christmas dinner and hardly had a drink then had a feverish sleep. Was supposed to be going to the pub yesterday with friends but had to cancel as I just got worse, couldn't even hold water down and spent the day drifting in and out of sleep. However, I've woke up today feeling fresh as a daisy so will make up for lost time and will be stuffing my face and getting absolutely steaming.

A cure for bad AIDS... Truly a RTBC

Well the only thing I managed to hold down was some Chicken and Sweetcorn soup. These Chinese medicines really do the trick.

We got anAmazon Echo from our younger son for Christmas.  It’s fucking brilliant, incredible sound quality for such a small device and can choose all music.

Lying in conservatory in beautiful sunshine on second bottle of cava listening to 60s and 70s music.  :)

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We got anAmazon Echo from our younger son for Christmas.  It’s fucking brilliant, incredible sound quality for such a small device and can choose all music.

Lying in conservatory in beautiful sunshine on second bottle of cava listening to 60s and 70s music.  :)

Can you use it as a radio or get it to find stuff on BBC radio iplayer?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Can you use it as a radio or get it to find stuff on BBC radio iplayer?

Yeah, both and more.  Probably won’t use half the features but even for music alone it’s fantastic.

Just been listening to Deep Purple and Ten Years After.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, both and more.  Probably won’t use half the features but even for music alone it’s fantastic.

Just been listening to Deep Purple and Ten Years After.

Have you got the basic Dot version? My radio's fucked so thinking of getting one.

Edited by welshbairn