Reasons to be Cheerful

Was stuck in limbo at Gatwick at 10pm after missing a connection to Inverness because of the French strikers and only room available was £300. Jumped on a train to Brighton more out of anger than hope, googled hotels and got a fine room by the sea for £32, and smoking permitted. f**k the system!

Was stuck in limbo at Gatwick at 10pm after missing a connection to Inverness because of the French strikers and only room available was £300. Jumped on a train to Brighton more out of anger than hope, googled hotels and got a fine room by the sea for £32, and smoking permitted. f**k the system!

Train to Brighton cost £269 though?

Drive home from work yesterday .. was really pissed off for various reasons. Stopped at a pedestrian crossing where a middle-aged man with Down's Syndrome and his carer were crossing. The chap with Down's Syndrome had a massive grin on his face and he was waving at all the other pedestrians and folk in the cars. And everyone to a man smiled and waved back at him. Put me in a good mood for the rest of the day - kudos to him. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pressures of being a mod got you rattled?

Ha. Not at all. It's a breeze (apart from muppets reporting posts they don't like). Nah, it was more GDPR (don't look it up unless you want to be bored rigid) and a rather silly Cardinal Sin I made at the weekend... but anyway, this is the cheerful thread. 

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ha. Not at all. It's a breeze (apart from muppets reporting posts they don't like). Nah, it was more GDPR (don't look it up unless you want to be bored rigid) and a rather silly Cardinal Sin I made at the weekend... but anyway, this is the cheerful thread. 

So cheer everyone else up by elaborating on this...

5 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

You're on the wind up.

No I'm not. Really nice one too. Last time I went to this place it was courtesy of a fine bookies win thanks to the wonderful Pat Scullion and his 35 yard, last kick of the ball thunderbolt for Cowden to deliver the Dunfermline 7 - 1 we were all hoping for.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is something seriously lacking in the fibre of men who cant admit to enjoying a spa day. Same goes for afternoon tea.

Probably the best I had was in a Four Seasons in London.  Will spare you the details. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't. Tynieness will just get all personal with you.

Point remains, and anyone is welcome to attempt to point out any negatives with a day at a spa, but once I tear down their misguided notions of masculinity, they will rue all the potential spa days they passed up over the years.

The facial can be a bit underwhelming/not what you were hoping for.

IIRC, you can see throbber’s favourite ‘Spoons on Lothian Road from the open air, rooftop spa pool.