Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please malky sign the dotted line. Also please can we get another stricker just like you. Team slowly starting to take shape. Any news on the Talbot boys if they have signed yet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'd love Malky ti stay but i'm not certain he will. There are other part time clubs who can offer better wages and a more accessible location than us (for example Ayr, Alloa, Dumbarton) and he may well take the chance to go to them and play in/push for promotion to the First Division.

Please malky sign the dotted line. Also please can we get another stricker just like you. Team slowly starting to take shape. Any news on the Talbot boys if they have signed yet

Pettigrew has knocked yous back hopefully wee butch will do the same, who would want to work with farrell the guy is a w**k

See its in Ayrshire Post linking him with Ayr. Would hate it if we lost him to Ayr. Hopefully Stranraer can offer him a deal he cant refuse but probably not.

Strong rumours that Malcolm is on his way to us, anyone heard anything?

Be surprised if he goes to Ayr unless they're paying silly money. Only finished four points above us. Fully expect him to go a better team. No offence to Ayr.

Malcolm definitely away then - nothing definite on where to. Has done a great job for us averaging 20 goals a season. All the best to him.

And welcome to Longworth - looking forward to seeing him in a Blue shirt!

Be surprised if he goes to Ayr unless they're paying silly money. Only finished four points above us. Fully expect him to go a better team. No offence to Ayr.

Might seem like silly money compared to a smaller club like yourselfs.

Malcolm was always likely to go this pre-season after a terrific season. I'm pretty sure Stranraer fans will thank him for his contribution in his time there and realise he is going to a bigger club for what £150-200 a week more at a guess? It's a no brainer really.

Longworth is a fantastic replacement though if he can get his form back.

Ayr united are a massive club compared to Stranraer. Craig Malcolm must of been thinking he'd won the lottery when a club the size of Ayr registered an interest in him.

And yet your massive club, with your well documented cash injection in January, finished a whopping 4 points ahead of us minnows. Seriously I've never in my life understood where Ayr United fans get the arrogance they have regarding their stature as a club. If they were a former Premier League side or even a top end First Division side on a regular basis then fair enough. But in my lifetime thats never been the case. Its not even looked likely. Best of luck, but not too much against us, to Malky if he ends up at Somerset, really feel he could have done better.

Ayr united are a massive club compared to Stranraer. Craig Malcolm must of been thinking he'd won the lottery when a club the size of Ayr registered an interest in him.

And yet your massive club, with your well documented cash injection in January, finished a whopping 4 points ahead of us minnows. Seriously I've never in my life understood where Ayr United fans get the arrogance they have regarding their stature as a club. If they were a former Premier League side or even a top end First Division side on a regular basis then fair enough. But in my lifetime thats never been the case. Its not even looked likely. Best of luck, but not too much against us, to Malky if he ends up at Somerset, really feel he could have done better.

He said he wanted to stay part-time and we are the biggest part-time team in Scotland. Unlucky

Yous had good season and finished where yous did. We had the worst season in generations.

What age are you,10?

Considering they registered interest in him last year and he wasnt interested i doubt he will feel like he won the lottery this year. But it looks like will lose him to the you lot. I hope it works for him. Hes a good signing for any team 1st or 2nd division 110% at all times so a player every one would love to have in there team. Good luck wee malky hopefully Paul Hartley snaps you up haha

Yous had good season and finished where yous did. We had the worst season in generations.

What age are you,10?

Correct, a good season for us based on our achievements in recent seasons. Ayr fans on the other hand still seem to judge their seasons achievements on the Bill Barr funded years at the turn of the century. Brian Reid was slaughtered towards the end of his tenure at Somerset, yet he quite clearly achieved as good as could be expected for Ayr under current circumstances. Expectation levels are ridiculously sky high.

As for being the biggest part time club in the country, depends what you're building your argument with. Finances? Perhaps. Attendances? Probably. League? Then no. Unlucky

Guest honestrae95

It always amazes me how fucking thick Stranraer fans are. Absolutely no concept of 'irony' or 'taking the piss'.

Of course, now they have no ferry to point at, they must be very bored.

Archived