The East Fife Thread

5 minutes ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

Your being overly dramatic mate ...and you gotta give a chance to respond you just can’t put thought not in there lol

Apologies. My wit often gets the better of me.

Now this matter of being "overly dramatic". May I ask why you think this?

Apologies. My wit often gets the better of me.
Now this matter of being "overly dramatic". May I ask why you think this?

Your sarcasm is decent tho ... your being doom and gloom suggesting that we will go the route of Cowden . Plus I strongly believe that even if we where to drop into the danger zone we have enough talent to beat anyone in playoffs ... there’s enough games yet to be played for us to get out of trouble

Your sarcasm is decent tho ... your being doom and gloom suggesting that we will go the route of Cowden . Plus I strongly believe that even if we where to drop into the danger zone we have enough talent to beat anyone in playoffs ... there’s enough games yet to be played for us to get out of trouble

Cowden is a bit strong, to go full scale cowdengelly we would need to see our resident travellers about some tarmac and get some stock cars in, maybe even a real spice in the car park.

A do worry about us under young though. The lack or creativity is frightening. The lack of shots on goal is worrying.

2 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

Under Young  I sincerely worry about our future, not just this season but next. You could ave Ronaldo and Messi in that team and he's still f**k it up (maybe a slight exaggeration but you get my drift).

No ifs about it. We are fast heading towards the danger zone. We're more or less in it tbh. Look at the table and look at the form. Yes, we have some decent players, but with a manager (and I use that term loosely) who doesn't have a clue I'm resigned to the fact he's doing more harm than good. I'd love to be proved wrong but I see nothing in Darren Young to convince me he's good for the club.

If we do go down this season the trend will continue into next and IMHO we'll struggle in the 2nd under this guy. It's sad what's happening to Cowdenbeath but my point was more in reference to their drop down the leagues rather than them dropping out altogether and just proves how easy it can happen if things go against you. Personally, I hope they pull through it.

On a final note, anything less than a win this weekend at home to Albion Rovers would see most managers gone. Whether the board have the finances or the balls remains to be seen.

That's one tough run in we have and I don't fancy our chances one bit if the trend continues.

Under Young  I sincerely worry about our future, not just this season but next. You could ave Ronaldo and Messi in that team and he's still f**k it up (maybe a slight exaggeration but you get my drift).
No ifs about it. We are fast heading towards the danger zone. We're more or less in it tbh. Look at the table and look at the form. Yes, we have some decent players, but with a manager (and I use that term loosely) who doesn't have a clue I'm resigned to the fact he's doing more harm than good. I'd love to be proved wrong but I see nothing in Darren Young to convince me he's good for the club.
If we do go down this season the trend will continue into next and IMHO we'll struggle in the 2nd under this guy. It's sad what's happening to Cowdenbeath but my point was more in reference to their drop down the leagues rather than them dropping out altogether and just proves how easy it can happen if things go against you. Personally, I hope they pull through it.

I see what your say but a lot of the blame has to fall on the players , it isn’t DY fault all the time look at the issues with set pieces I’m pretty sure that he has addressed this in training yet time and time again goodie fucks it up ... it’s somewhat true that DY hasn’t proved himself as a manager but again he was dealt a crap hand coming in at short notice after Judas Smith left ...time will tell but it’s highly unlikely the club will release DY at this critical time

A few injuries I’m afraid Mark Docherty could be out for the season needing a knee operation. Ryan Goodfellow out for 2 weeks with concussion, and Craig Thomson another 3 weeks. Let’s hope Kyle Wilkie and Mark Lamont are back on Saturday. 

12 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

I see what your say but a lot of the blame has to fall on the players , it isn’t DY fault all the time look at the issues with set pieces I’m pretty sure that he has addressed this in training yet time and time again goodie fucks it up ... it’s somewhat true that DY hasn’t proved himself as a manager but again he was dealt a crap hand coming in at short notice after Judas Smith left ...time will tell but it’s highly unlikely the club will release DY at this critical time

Of course its not Darren Young's fault all of the time but you aren't going to sack the entire squad and the buck stops with the manager. As you've pointed our we are abysmal at set pieces and although the players need to take responsibility on the pitch the manager and coaching team need to come up with a plan to stop it and I've seen nothing whatsoever to suggest they have improved. 

I'm sorry but the excuse that he came in late in the summer is gone now, he perhaps could of got away with using that at the start of the season but not at the end of February. The fact that he started the season okay backs this point up even more. 

The one point where I definitely agree with you is that is a critical time for the team and any other club would of made the change before we got to this point but we haven't and unfortunately I think we'll pay the ultimate price come May.