The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

Wasn't discussed at the last board meeting as as far as I am aware League 1 clubs haven't been asked for their views. I can give you my personal opinion though, a categoric NO! This is not for the benefit of Scottish football it's for the benefit of the Premiership clubs mainly the Old Firm. They do not give a flying fig about anyone or anything but themselves

Good man. 

I sincerely hope the directors of my own club are of a similar mind. 

This is a cynical attempt by Doncaster and his cohorts to sell games featuring Celtic and The Rangers to TV companies whose target market are armchair bigots, and it was this very reason they were allowed into the Challenge Cup. Thankfully that blew up in their faces, but expect the number of overage players to be increased next season. 

Neil Doncaster's remuneration will undoubtedly contain incentives based on the amount of sponsorship and TV revenue brought into the game, whereas the number of punters going through the gates will have no bearing on it.  It's therefore in his interest to get as much football onto the telly as he possibly can, even though this will be to the detriment of the game as a whole. 

With project brace happening I can see this a no no :lol: I herd Falkirk scrap the idea of having a under 20s team to focus on promotion I can see this happening once it hits the premier league...with project brace spreading through the Scottish leagues #DinnyWorry

1 minute ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

With project brace happening I can see this a no no :lol: I herd Falkirk scrap the idea of having a under 20s team to focus on promotion I can see this happening once it hits the premier league...with project brace spreading through the Scottish leagues #DinnyWorry

Have we all to start wearing galluses now?

9 hours ago, harry94 said:

How did Piggott do? What position was he playing?

Young centre back formerly of West Brom academy moved to Dundee U20s made his EF debut in the defeat away to Alloa, he did ok when he was here but has a bright future ahead of him.

I see you've signed our young goalkeeper Ben MacKenzie on a development loan until the end of the season.

Just the 4th signing directly from us this season :lol:

He's certainly highly rated, but I honestly don't know too much about him. How did the two Hursts get on with you?

I see you've signed our young goalkeeper Ben MacKenzie on a development loan until the end of the season.

Just the 4th signing directly from us this season :lol:
He's certainly highly rated, but I honestly don't know too much about him. How did the two Hursts get on with you?

Mark was good last season but has made a few errors this season and was dropped. Hopefully Ben is an improvement! Didn’t mind Greg put himself about and grabbed a few goals

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but have we just blown our fifth and final loan option for the season on a goalkeeper, a position that is excluded from the five loan deal as it is a position that can still be filled as an "Emergency Loan" if it is required at any stage of the season???

Not a dig at Ben whatsoever, don't know anything about the boy, he could become the best keeper in League 1 and single handily drag us back up the table, but I have got to ask is it a position that we need covered???

Think anybody watching our games can see where our deficiencies lie and as much as some like to have a pop at Goodfellow it's not in goals!!!

Seems a bit of a waste of an option to me, but good luck anyway Ben and welcome to the Dave Marshall Arena!!!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but have we just blown our fifth and final loan option for the season on a goalkeeper, a position that is excluded from the five loan deal as it is a position that can still be filled as an "Emergency Loan" if it is required at any stage of the season???
Not a dig at Ben whatsoever, don't know anything about the boy, he could become the best keeper in League 1 and single handily drag us back up the table, but I have got to ask is it a position that we need covered???
Think anybody watching our games can see where our deficiencies lie and as much as some like to have a pop at Goodfellow it's not in goals!!!
Seems a bit of a waste of an option to me, but good luck anyway Ben and welcome to the Dave Marshall Arena!!!

Only standard loans and emergency loans count towards the 5. Development loans are different

1 hour ago, landerson1990 said:

Only standard loans and emergency loans count towards the 5. Development loans are different

So can we assume that we still have one more loan we can use then, assuming Hurst, Hurst, PIggott and Flannigan were all standard loans, were they btw???

But I feel my point still stands, do we really need to prioritise a keeper as our number one acquisition???

Are these mistakes Darren’s fault though? I’ve not seen him make a bad pass all season! This is the third tier or Scottish football. The players are playing at this level because they are inconsistent and generally not very good. The manager can’t drop everybody. He just changed the goalie and I’m pretty sure you’ve moaned about both. Do you have a spare set of gloves in your house? 
I think you have massively underestimated the standard of the other teams if you’re expectations were to be comfortably in the play-offs. Raith and Ayr were always going to be battling it out for first and second place. That just leaves a scrap for third and fourth realistically between eight teams. 
Kicking on from last year disappeared when Barry Smith left the club. East Fife are a team in transition and it’s going to take time. I just don’t see the point of you constantly nipping at the manager trying to sway others to your point of view and actually creating a situation where he does come under pressure. 
I’m sure the manager and the players need to do better, but so do you in my opinion. You’re just creating a self fulfilling  prophecy here. Anyway, that’s my rant over.
Do you have any realistic targets you’d like to see the club try and get in? I can’t think of many at this stage of the season.

Remember that time u accused me of trying to sway fans and of creating a situation where young would be under pressure.......... and lambasted me for even suggesting him and goodfellow are clueless.

Self fulfilling prophecy you called it.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]