The East Fife Thread

Poor attempt at trying to get back at ayrunitedfw. I'm sure you have the savvy to know what bothred  is meant to be, or do you????
Poor attempt my arse! Why would an Ayr fan post on my comment anyway on an East Fife thread? Not fussed what people say but as like many people I work fulltime, have a family and I have other interests and I go to games when I'm free and as I've said East Fife will always be my team regardless of how many games I get too.

On 16/01/2018 at 16:23, sammytroot said:

Just noticed that Aaron Dunsmore suspended for next League game v Forfar. Where did that come from?

Can't think of anyone currently on our books who could slot in at Right Back.!

The silence is frightening,keep hoping for an ambitious signing ie lee millar,derek Lyle or Craigan

I’m sure Mark Docherty also signed a two year deal too so he will be with us next season. I’d also be happy for all of yesterday’s starting 11 and Kev Smith to stay for next season. If we could add another 6 or 7 decent players at this level we could do well. Forgot that Paul Willis also signed a two year deal (Cheers for that Barry Smith !) Think the manager will be trying to get rid of him as he’s done very little to deserve any game time.
Have to say that crowds are dwindling with under 500 at the game yesterday against an Alloa side who were going well and not that far to travel. I know of a number of what I used to consider diehards who are now attending games infrequently. Anyone know what the prices are for the Scottish Cup tie v Brora Rangers on Sat ? If they can reduce admission to £10 & £5 by agreement, the Club should get flyers into local schools and encourage as many as possible through the gate. The bigger the support on Sat, the better the atmosphere which helps the players. If we could get to the next round, hopefully the Cup fairy would give us a money spinning tie which would allow us to attract some new players to the Club
Alloa brought less than 50 to Starks park in Early December when they were going well, so I'd guess at least 450 would be EF fans.

What's an average home (as in home fans only) crowd for you guys?

38 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Alloa brought less than 50 to Starks park in Early December when they were going well, so I'd guess at least 450 would be EF fans.

What's an average home (as in home fans only) crowd for you guys?

I commented to friends at start of the game last Saturday about the poor away support. Don't think you are far away with 50.

I would suggest that the hardcore support is about 550 although we can muster 900 to 950  as we found when we played the local derbies  v Raith Rovers.

We capitulated 5 - 0 in the first game and I suspect that quite a few potential fans were  put off (probably for life)

Having said that we mustered 570 plus away support via Raith.

We certainly have an ageing support and unfortunately there are fewer youngsters -and their parents - replacing them.

We also seem to have a thriving Academy-both boys and girls-and for whatever reason, very few appear to support the club.

Additionally , it seems to me that the vaste majority of the current support live outwith the area.They may have grown up in the area but in their adult life have moved away to other areas.

In other words the locals who live in  Buckhaven, Methil,and Leven are not turning up to support their local club.

By way of example I recently organsed a Hospitality Meal for 15 - 13 0f whom were Season Ticket holders ,Of those, 3 are currently from Leven and none from Buckhaven or Methil..The rest came from as far as Dundee, South Queensferry, Stirling,and St Andrews.

It begs the question,if hundreds of fans are willing to travel from outwith the home area- why are locals not turning up?

More questions that answers!

Nice to see EF helping out their auld neighbours from along the road by letting us train on your pitch due to the Michael Woods Centre pitches being unplayable. Thanking you :cheers

Edited by Raithie

1 hour ago, east fife for life said:

Thought we would have added one or two additions over the transfer window! Crowds are down so surely no money

I’m sure Darren is trying hard like every other manager to add players that will improve the squad.A horrible window to try and do any business. Never liked filling out a squad with loan players but not many players get released from contracts in January. I would imagine our average attendance at Bayview would be better than recent years with 2 decent crowds against the big headed neigbours. Add in all our home league games so far have taken place on a Saturday, and not re arranged for mid week when the crowd can go down by 250. Our squad is a bit thin on the ground and we definently need another striker on the books. One or two injuries and we could be struggling. Maybe have a bit more financial wiggle room if we manage to win tomorrow and get a decent draw away to premier league opposition. Let’s hope some of our stay away fans turn out tomorrow and give their support to the team.

5 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Ross Brown anyone? Decent?

Surprised he's joined airdrie tbh but that's football he's a good wee player certainly what we lack him and Robinson can play in numerous positions at full back and in midfield. As the poster said above he's highly thought of in these part of Fife.

Surprised he's joined airdrie tbh but that's football he's a good wee player certainly what we lack him and Robinson can play in numerous positions at full back and in midfield. As the poster said above he's highly thought of in these part of Fife.

Airdrie needed a replacement for Furtado who has joined Raith until the end of the season, its worrying all this activity going on yet nothing happening at bayview, we need players in before the window closes, another striker is a must and another couple of bodies to bolster the squad wiuld be ideal, i hope we don't wait until its too late and go and get knocked out of the cup tomorrow before we try to bring anyone in.