The East Fife Thread

As an aside, with Rankine "owning" the club, where does the keish from a cup run go? Can he claim it's partly his? 

Just to throw a grenade in the room!!!
Did we ever find out what happened to the "Rangers Money"???

Just now, King Kebab said:

Just to throw a grenade in the room!!!
Did we ever find out what happened to the "Rangers Money"???

Nah. Lots of rumours about Lee Murray but nothing concrete. When it comes to club ownership/finances, the guys that post on here who are in the know don't tend to elaborate that much which is partially understandable, they're on the board and won't want to get themselves in bother.  I do think a bit more transparency would help though. I'm kind of the opinion that the ownership situation holds us back a bit which is a shame.

Nah. Lots of rumours about Lee Murray but nothing concrete. When it comes to club ownership/finances, the guys that post on here who are in the know don't tend to elaborate that much which is partially understandable, they're on the board and won't want to get themselves in bother.  I do think a bit more transparency would help though. I'm kind of the opinion that the ownership situation holds us back a bit which is a shame.

Murray???
The rumour I heard was that basically Rankine turned up wearing a mask and stripey jumper, said thanks very much and fucked off with it!!!

Just now, King Kebab said:

Murray???
The rumour I heard was that basically Rankine turned up wearing a mask and stripey jumper, said thanks very much and fucked off with it!!!

When I say rumours, I'm perhaps being overly dramatic about a random discussion after a few beers with a couple of mates :lol: The Rankine story would certainly seem more realistic, after all he/wee Samantha/whoever it is owns what is really a company. 

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

When I say rumours, I'm perhaps being overly dramatic about a random discussion after a few beers with a couple of mates :lol: The Rankine story would certainly seem more realistic, after all he/wee Samantha/whoever it is owns what is really a company. 

FFS this pish again :-(

We know Rankine is the majority shareholder -  not the owner - so he can't just waltz off with the cash when he feels like it (if you have evidence then take it to the authorities), and Samantha can't stay wee forever, she must be in her 20's now, maybe getting ready to take the reins the next time we are  looking for a new chairman.

The club is still here, we still compete with decent squads and managers, we have not been bankrupt (close but we know the cause - don't think it will happen again) we have die hard EFFC fans on the board, we produce the best lower league program, again by EFFC diehards, look at the highlights productions, they give BBC/STV a run for their money then there's the new pitch, not everyone cup of tea but it's been done to enhance the clubs standing in the local community and hopefully will help generate the next batch a EFFC diehards.

Rankine is maybe not the best owner of the majority shareholding we could have, I'm not defending him in any shape or form but who else was going to buy Danskins shares? we know his price if we want him gone but to date as far as I'm aware there has been no takers so who are we to complain.

Sorry for the rant, but these owner discussions do my head in.

Edited by McBrian.

6 minutes ago, McBrian. said:

FFS this pish again :-(

We know Rankine is the majority shareholder -  not the owner - so he can't just waltz off with the cash when he feels like it (if you have evidence then take it to the authorities), and Samantha can't stay wee forever, she must be in her 20's now, maybe getting ready to take the reins the next time we are  looking for a new chairman.

The club is still here, we still compete with decent squads and managers, we have not been bankrupt (close but we know the cause - don't think it will happen again) we have die hard EFFC fans on the board, we produce the best lower league program, again by EFFC diehards, look at the highlights productions, they give BBC/STV a run for their money then there's the new pitch, not everyone cup of tea but it's been done to enhance the clubs standing in the local community and hopefully will help generate the next batch a EFFC diehards.

Rankine is maybe not the best owner of the majority shareholding we could have, I'm not defending him in any shape or form but who else was going to buy Danskins shares? we know his price if we want him gone but to date as far as I'm aware there has been no takers so who are we to complain.

Sorry for the rant, but theseowner discussions do my head in.

The only reason it gets brought up again and again is because it's a perpetually grey area and often isn't discussed in public, which isn't great for the fans.  It's not that outrageous for people who pay money into a club to want a bit of clarity on the ownership and direction of their club. I obviously won't be going to the authorities; I was only asking the question.

ETA: As much as I appreciate you're frustrated at the same question being asked, and you may well be one of the die hards you speak of who put a lot of work in to the club, two things need to be very clear. One, that every sane East Fife fan is absolutely appreciative of the work these guys put in. But two, that doesn't mean that because we have a hard working board who support the club that they can't ever be asked a question about the running of the club.

Edited by Big Fifer

Just to clarify, I'm in no way connected to EFFC, I'm just a long time EFFC supporter.

The above posts are about who owns the club, not who runs it, as far as I know the board run the club, and run it well at this time, Rankine( Twigg)  is the majority shareholder, that much is clear so what's to be clarified?

2 minutes ago, McBrian. said:

Just to clarify, I'm in no way connected to EFFC, I'm just a long time EFFC supporter.

The above posts are about who owns the club, not who runs it, as far as I know the board run the club, and run it well at this time, Rankine( Twigg)  is the majority shareholder, that much is clear so what's to be clarified?

What we spent the Rangers cash on, and where potential cup earnings go from a big away tie, were the original questions. Similarly, it'd be great to know how those running the club see ownership in the future, whether they see a scheme a la Foundation of Hearts (although obviously on a much smaller scale) so see us fan owned etc. But none of that was really what was originally asked, and none of it was attacking the club or those who currently run it.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

What we spent the Rangers cash on, and where potential cup earnings go from a big away tie, were the original questions. Similarly, it'd be great to know how those running the club see ownership in the future, whether they see a scheme a la Foundation of Hearts (although obviously on a much smaller scale) so see us fan owned etc. But none of that was really what was originally asked, and none of it was attacking the club or those who currently run it.

I can only assume you would will find that info in the accounts.

EFFC will never become a fan owned club (unless Rankine gifts it), fund raising has been tried and failed, Brookes was our only hope.

Just a plug for what’s happening at Bayview. Six months ago, if EF weren’t at home,nothing much was happening.

Since September, 3 x 7-a-side  and 3 x 5-a-side pitches are almost full every night of the week with youngsters and and adults playing or training.

On Sunday FFTC and EF hosted the second Soccer Sixes festival and from 10.00-2.00  more than 300 youngsters played on the new pitch and 300-400 parents and families enjoyed food and drink in the club lounge.

on Sunday coming there is a charity match in remembrance of Owen Nisbet a local 11 y.o. Who died recently after a short illness. Ex players from all four Fife teams will be playing and prior to the main match there will be a couple of 7-a-side games between Youth Academy and Kennoway teams with which Owen had been associated. FFTC are offering the pitch and EF the changing room facilities free of charge.  The lounge and bar will be open for food and drinks.

Bayview is turning into a real community asset.

27 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Just a plug for what’s happening at Bayview. Six months ago, if EF weren’t at home,nothing much was happening.

Since September, 3 x 7-a-side  and 3 x 5-a-side pitches are almost full every night of the week with youngsters and and adults playing or training.

On Sunday FFTC and EF hosted the second Soccer Sixes festival and from 10.00-2.00  more than 300 youngsters played on the new pitch and 300-400 parents and families enjoyed food and drink in the club lounge.

on Sunday coming there is a charity match in remembrance of Owen Nisbet a local 11 y.o. Who died recently after a short illness. Ex players from all four Fife teams will be playing and prior to the main match there will be a couple of 7-a-side games between Youth Academy and Kennoway teams with which Owen had been associated. FFTC are offering the pitch and EF the changing room facilities free of charge.  The lounge and bar will be open for food and drinks.

Bayview is turning into a real community asset.

Great to see. What financial benefits do we get for the pitch? Do we rent the facilities other than the pitch out?(I'm assuming it's FFTC that get the income from the pitch itself)

Is there some kind of bonus scheme in place for the players if they score a hat trick???

Obviously the Board have got Darren telt that they're no paying that out, think that with Wilkie today it is the fourth time this season that a player on two goals and looking good for another, has been subbed!!!

Sure it's happened to Duggan twice and Docherty!!![emoji1]

In relation to my questions/KK's about ownership and stuff above I had a quick look at the accounts myself from here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC007902/filing-history

I'd imagine we probably made an extra £50k from the Rangers games roughly? 2700 extra fans at two games, at £10 a ticket if I'm being generous as I'm sure it was a lot more than that? We still managed to make a loss between the end of the 2013 season and start of 2014 season of £33k. That is absolutely mental considering the current board we have in place has returned us to having actually made a profit last season IIRC. My accounts knowledge isn't great, so I may be reading that wrong.  Either we were paying an absolutely extortionate amount of money to players during that season or something really sketchy went on under the Murray tenure.

Also, I was talking nonsense about "wee Samantha", as it seems her shares are now in Lorraine's name. 70k shares approximately, in comparison to 6k that the supporters trust has, for example.  Couldn't really see how much each share was, seen 25p kicking about somewhere on the document. I'd imagine that Lorraine won't be asking for £17.5k for her shares if those involved at board level think they're asking for too much. My figures, however, might be utter shite. How does one go about buying shares in the club anyway?

On a separate note, does anyone know if you can still get a physical copy of "On that windswept plain" from anywhere these days? I was only 9 when it came out, wasn't exactly good with the big words back then.

Edited by Big Fifer

All interesting stuff, but just to clarify, when I was talking about the "Rangers Money" I was talking about the dosh from the cup tie at Ibrox the season before Murray arrived!!!
I remember the first con was Ibrox being packed but Rangers claiming that there was only 20odd thousand there so as to give us a considerably smaller "half" than we should have got and the second con was allegedly Rankine turning up looking like this...
6964a835d446b2d73eca91f3e3a46c8a.jpg
And pissing off with it!!!
I also may be talking out of my arse but I'm pretty sure there was no mention of it in the following years accounts!!!

Just need to look at the players Lee Murray brought in. 

Steven Hughes, tuta, alexis Dutot, nade, bouzid, Buchanan, naysmith, Robbie neilson to name a few off the top of my head.

full time boys coming from big teams, not going to be cheap to keep.

some of the biggest names the club has seen for years and probably will see as all when left went back up the leagues!

December is going to be a big month for us  apart from Ayr Utd  we have a lot of winnable games in the next 4 weeks. Let’s hope we can keep all  our best players fit . We have had a terrible time of injuries for months now, but Saturday was close to being our best starting 11, and we played some great stuff . Guys that have been the back bone of the team for 2 or 3 years now  Kevin Smith , Kyle Wilkie ,Jonny Page and Kano are coming back to match sharpness. Mark Lamont has also been excellent the last month so I’m very optimistic  but we’ll see how Saturday goes against our bogey team Queen’s Park .