The East Fife Thread

I don't mind getting beat but the manner in how we went about things is completely unacceptable! Arbroath should have put 5 past us the week before and our inability to defend set pieces and cross balls was ridiculous at times. The lack of instruction from dugout was very worrying, I noticed Barry Smith was very vocal from the sidelines, continuously coaching and instructing his team throughout and that certainly helps. Take nothing away from Raith yesterday though, it could and should have been more and we were simply awful. Hoping to see some changes for our next game that's for sure. Cheers and all the best.

Your marking was a wee bit slack tbf and I completely understand your criticism of your team, but you won't be having to deal with the movement of Vaughan, Barr, Spence and Buchanan every week.

Now, this is far too civil a conversation for P&B so with that it mind...GIRFUY [emoji6]

1 hour ago, east fife for life said:

I don't mind getting beat but the manner in how we went about things is completely unacceptable! Arbroath should have put 5 past us the week before and our inability to defend set pieces and cross balls was ridiculous at times. The lack of instruction from dugout was very worrying, I noticed Barry Smith was very vocal from the sidelines, continuously coaching and instructing his team throughout and that certainly helps. Take nothing away from Raith yesterday though, it could and should have been more and we were simply awful. Hoping to see some changes for our next game that's for sure. Cheers and all the best.

This, I think all of us fans would expect their team to put the effort in.

Really!!
You got totally humped 5-0 and your concern is about a flag?
If I were an EF supporter I'd be looking for other types of answers eg. the football team you have!

Obviously I'm concerned by the performance!!!
It just got to me that our wee team mentality as a club would let a rival team put a muckle great flag behind the goal. Never seen that before in almost 20 years at New Bayview.

7 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

It just got to me that our wee team mentality as a club would let a rival team put a muckle great flag behind the goal. Never seen that before in almost 20 years at New Bayview.

That flag goes up nearly every away game. No matter who the opposition is. I honestly really don't see what your getting your knickers in a twist about? Maybe the 10 supporters you had left at full time can get together and buy your own flag? 

In a 1 sided stadium would Celtic allow a Rangers flag? No chance. You politely tell them to get their flag to f**k!

Fair play to you. You've banged on about that flag so much that I'd almost forgotten an actual game of football ever took place yesterday.

Flags and monkey emojis.

Get East Fife and Cowden merged.

Wind yer neck in Townieboy!!!

When your team can actually start to beat us on a regular occasion you can have a say, but in the meantime f**k off out the thread and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!!!

10 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

10 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Aye, right enough, but ah think yer team wer  flaggin'  :whistle' towards the end....o' the first half.

Edited by Wee Sandy

I think the flag is the least of our problems to be honest. I noticed it, but hey, its just a flag. At least it shows were accommodating. We should have offered them free pies as well. Flag, free pies, 5 goals going on 10. What a generous wee outfit we are!

Body language from Young on Saturday wasn't exactly positive and that was after 0-1 down.  The man looked completely out of his depth. Tactics were questionable to say the least, substitutions were too late and didn't stack up and what the f**k is getting 11 amateurs back at corners all about? I'd call them men/players but that too would be questionable.

Shocking performance all round and a big question mark hanging over Darren Young for allowing it to happen. Quite rightly so.

Fair play to the Rovers. They look like a very good side but then again we would have made anyone look good on Saturday 26th August, 2017, a date that wont be forgotten in a hurry.

Ben Gordon? Get that idiot to f**k out of Bayview. Not keen on singling out individuals but that utter cretin deserves it.

Noting the comments about Darren Young.... at Albion Rovers he had experienced assistants in Sandy Clarke and Billy Stark - they always seemed to step in when things were going badly - particularly Sandy Clark - we are where we are now (in my opinion) because of him. Don`t forget that Young only won three of his last seventeen matches at ARFC.

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

I think the flag is the least of our problems to be honest. I noticed it, but hey, its just a flag. At least it shows were accommodating. We should have offered them free pies as well. Flag, free pies, 5 goals going on 10. What a generous wee outfit we are!

Body language from Young on Saturday wasn't exactly positive and that was after 0-1 down.  The man looked completely out of his depth. Tactics were questionable to say the least, substitutions were too late and didn't stack up and what the f**k is getting 11 amateurs back at corners all about? I'd call them men/players but that too would be questionable.

Shocking performance all round and a big question mark hanging over Darren Young for allowing it to happen. Quite rightly so.

Fair play to the Rovers. They look like a very good side but then again we would have made anyone look good on Saturday 26th August, 2017, a date that wont be forgotten in a hurry.

Ben Gordon? Get that idiot to f**k out of Bayview. Not keen on singling out individuals but that utter cretin deserves it.

I clocked Young after we had opened the scoring, and you're right. Basically dejected already, morning and just generally had no idea how he was gonna come up with a game plan after letting us score so soon into the game.