The East Fife Thread

Pretty sure this was it, a lot of drink was consumed on the night, but I remember it was definitely a Joma top!!!

IMG_1493717934.767537.jpg

I do hope we're keeping the current bespoke home kit for next season rather than the gold variant of the new away kit!!!

IMG_1493718275.794597.jpg

It's been a weird season. If you had offered me 5th at pre-season I would have bitten your hand off. If you had told me we'd finish 5th when Naysmith left I would have laughed you out the building. But then if you had offered me 5th in March I would have thought that wasn't good enough. I suppose the slight disappointment at the end of the season shows how far we've come in the last couple of seasons.

I would re-sign most of the squad and hopefully keep Kerr and Penrice on another season long loan. Page is the main one we need to keep though, and Wilkie will almost be like a brand new signing. Who do we have confirmed for next term?

Nae offence but thank feck we wont have to play East Fife next season.;):lol:

Thought for a wee second you were maybe going to do it when Stenny scored against Brechin and you got level with Stranraer, was quite an exciting last day with different games changing one way then the other.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

It's been a weird season. If you had offered me 5th at pre-season I would have bitten your hand off. If you had told me we'd finish 5th when Naysmith left I would have laughed you out the building. But then if you had offered me 5th in March I would have thought that wasn't good enough. I suppose the slight disappointment at the end of the season shows how far we've come in the last couple of seasons.

I would re-sign most of the squad and hopefully keep Kerr and Penrice on another season long loan. Page is the main one we need to keep though, and Wilkie will almost be like a brand new signing. Who do we have confirmed for next term?

Smith slattery Kane and Wilkie are the only ones signed I think, Would reckon Robinson would get full time and maybe also duggan and cooper Not to fussed if goodfellow and even Austin aren't signed again. Not seen enough of Reilly to judge and hopefully get the rest signed up.

Smith slattery Kane and Wilkie are the only ones signed I think, Would reckon Robinson would get full time and maybe also duggan and cooper Not to fussed if goodfellow and even Austin aren't signed again. Not seen enough of Reilly to judge and hopefully get the rest signed up.

I'd agree with pretty much all of this. Not seen much from Lamont to make me want to sign him again. I'd keep Goodfellow, good back up and has shown this season he can be decent. I feel we need more up top. Smith and Duggan would be a good start, but another proven goal scorer would be a priority. It'll be interesting to hear what the club are saying over the next couple of weeks.

I'd agree with pretty much all of this. Not seen much from Lamont to make me want to sign him again. I'd keep Goodfellow, good back up and has shown this season he can be decent. I feel we need more up top. Smith and Duggan would be a good start, but another proven goal scorer would be a priority. It'll be interesting to hear what the club are saying over the next couple of weeks.

Actually forgot about Lamont has looked good when he's been fit but unfortunately that wasn't too often. Hoping page and duggan can be signed asap

Pagey has said that he wants to remain Part-Time so that he can concentrate on his teacher training, here's hoping we can keep him, but I'm sure he can remain Part-Time elsewhere on a bigger wage, so it'll all be about what he gets offered, pity we don't have an owner that gives a f**k!!!

Don't think Duggan has done enough what with his injuries and generally going off the boil recently for any other team to come in for him, be happy if he stayed though!!!

And as for Kerr, Hurst and Penrice as much as I would probably cut my right arm off to keep them, I would be very surprised if we have them next year, if they're going out on loan again it will be to Championship sides, it's all part of their development, they've proved they can cope at League One level their Clubs would, I imagine, be wanting them to develop which would mean them playing at the next level in the new season. Pretty sure that's how we got Kerr again this season, because we got promoted last term, if we had gone up through the playoffs This season I would have been confident of getting than again, we've probably got a better chance of keeping Watt and Curran as they didn't play the whole season!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Squad - Season 2017-18

01 - ???
02 - ???
03 - Patrick Slattery
04 - Christopher Kane
05 - ???
06 - ???
07 - ???
08 - ???
09 - ???
10 - Kevin Smith
11 - Kyle Wilkie
12 - ???
13 - ???
14 - ???
15 - ???
16 - ???
17 - ???
18 - ???
19 - ???
20 - ???
21 - ???
22 - ???

We'll fill the rest out as we go!!![emoji6]

with everyone's debate on our squad with the season just ended I would keep most of the squad i.e. Page - still top defender at this level, Robinson very experience at higher level did chip in with goals before been injured, Duggan - still can play at this level, Brown - still consist player at this level and are Duffie likewise Paterson would good at those set piece i.e. Corners and in-direct free kicks.

Though I would only keep Good fellow on as back up as he shown glimpse through the season before been injured and now out of the team like the other causilties we had sitting in the main stand towards the end of the season hence the reason youngster Craig Gordon was hanging around as back-up as third choice.

but next season I feel we'll need a left back as we don't have naysmith!!, two another centre backs, first choice keeper, couple of new addition in midfield and two or three strikers to partner Duggan if he stays around. But assessing the loans that  we're here till end of the season I would take back Penrice, Curran and probably Kerr for another season but I think him and Penrice would more favourable moving on loan to a championship club to booster their development of breaking into their parent clubs as of Curran I can't see his future at Dundee nor Watt but our right back is sorted and if Duffie signs we would be covered at that position of the playing field. As for Insall you would of thought he would of seen out his contract what ever happened to him remains to be seen but he never really done much than in league two when he was on fire.

with the likes of Lamont he did show signs at the start of the season he was going to be a great signing by naysmith he did but once the season got on he never actual lasted the full 90mins sadly it felt towards end of season a bit of waste of space in bringing him on as a option, I wouldn't be to bothered if he stayed or moved back to league two where he was admired at Stirling a bit like Furtado we all agree we admire in this division this season. As for Cooper he played at a higher level with County as a winger/full back but I still to work what system would he fit best the way we play though I like the lad and thought he would offer more towards this stage of the season as a late signing but sadly hasn't hit any heather on fire tbh.

for Austin and Reilly both young players learning the first team for Austin he hasn't played at a higher level even in league two although his brother started finded the net and became a gem from amateur league won his move to Falkirk like his brother he came from the same patch found life a wee bit tough and at a time where we would win the league last season I feel there were games potential was there in him like against stenhousemuir at Xmas and Brechin away on tele he had a good game but other games has found it difficult to get to grips and for Ben he wanted away to be part of first team squad that he wasn't getting at accies but hasn't had much games and from the games like today we have seen enough to convince either stay or leave.

I would keep Mutch though people have forgot he still part of the squad because he has lack much games than Austin had but he did show signs in July I can remember espically against Edinburgh city where he gave Mbu a torrid time he had talents and is still a young forward I think he has a two year deal signed by naysmith when he signed then was with Glenrothes for a bit before his injury I feel he could be useful to have a like a Livingston type of Matthew Knox within our squad and for him to get involved in pre season and more games i.e. With the squad or out on loan again.

so at the moment....

new goalie (Goodfellow backup)

kane (his natural position of Rb), new cb, Page (if he re-signs) and new left back!!!

slattery, brown (if he re-signs), Robinson (if he re-signs) and Wilkie/Smith

Duggan (likewise if he re-signs) and another striker. (Goodwillie would be excellent addition a player that can play in a higher league but people won't like his back ground history)