The East Fife Thread

He asked the manager to rip up his contract so he obviously wanted away. No point in having a player at the club who doesn’t want to be there, so best outcome for all concerned. Had a brilliant 2 or 3 years ,but last season never reached the same level.

I liked him, but ultimately he probably only had two good games for us, one against Hibs, and one against Ayr.

He didn’t get too much of a look in at us last season, which probably elevated his ability to a degree.

He’s robust, works hard and sails close to the wind in terms of physicality at times, but to date, and this might change with yourselves, he’s done nothing to suggest he can score goals.

Hopefully it works out for him though.

Jonathon Page away

It was only a matter of time really, probably should have been away earlier and freed a wage up earlier!!!

Had it been the end of last season I’d have been gutted but not really fussed about it now.

Same!!!

IMG_2097.thumb.jpg.769bf92550db3c7c1846fabd6fc5a406.jpg pageys words

No mention of the Management Team there at all, quite telling and from what we hear not surprising!!!

Nominal fee, he had a year to run on his contract, should have held out for a decent amount especially if hes going to one of our rivals

"Nominal Fee" to me means that at the very least, "they've" paid off the contract for a player who has been wanting away since January, since he was tapped up!!!

That to me, means that there is now two wages there up for grabs, or one big one, Pagey's budgeted wage for the season ahead and the nominal fee/equivalent newly recieved, so two new players or one big "marquee" signing!!![emoji1303]

He wants to play for airdrie,he wants to play for airdrie na na na [emoji57]

Well, you've been working on him since January so not surprised you eventually broke him down, na na na!!![emoji6]

On 29 April 2018 at 11:08, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

I have read posts about Page costing money to leave EF. Don't be so sure???????  If he doesn't want to stay will a manager keep an unhappy player?  Pagey would not have been let go cos it would cost the club but if he wants to go then what!!!!!!!  Watch this space.

Whilst it would be great to keep Duggan, I have a feeling he is after full time football. Can't blame him for that.

Overall looks like a complete new team which will test the managers ability to attract players and test the supporters ability to trust him to do it.

Anybody want to know this coming Saturday's lottery numbers!!!!?????????

Anybody want to know this coming Saturday's lottery numbers!!!!?????????

^^^Alias rumbled!!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And what point are you trying to make from that quote???

It’s a money thing he wants to be on decent money not coppers [emoji6]

Yeah, that makes your illegal "tapping up" of a player all explainable doesn't it???

Yeah, that makes your illegal "tapping up" of a player all explainable doesn't it???

[emoji23][emoji23]it happens all throughout the league players from other teams saying to players at one club you can be getting these wages at this club,it’s part n parcel of the game

Christ

Do you genuinely think East Fife or anyone associated with them have never done this?

Nope, but it's the near disastrous conveniences of this example that still rankle!!!

And don't be so formal call me KK!!![emoji1]