The East Fife Thread

I'd love to keep Pagey but with the signings of Dunlop and Meggat I think we're at a point where it wouldn't be too big a blow to lose him, and maybe that was the thinking behind the Meggat signing.

I assume we're waiting to hear about Dunsmore and Watson and that they're seeing if they can get a full time deal somewhere? It'd be great to keep both of them too and if we did, we'd have a very solid looking defence, even if Page moves on, with strong competition for places.

(Dunsmore - Watson/Dunlop - Meggat - Linton) is good or we could move Dunsmore and/or Linton up a big and have Kane, Watson or Meggat move to the full back positions.

Especially after last season, getting the defence sorted early and building from there seems like a good move. We obviously need at least two strikers to come in and probably need at least one more attacking midfield / wing option but you'd assume the usual 2 or 3 loanees will arrive before the start of the season to cover some of those positions as well.

All in all, I'm a lot calmer about the squad for next season than I was a month ago. And I think Young deserves a bit of credit for getting some good signings in early. There were a few rumours about players not getting on well with Young and he's obviously brought in guys he knows so that shouldn't be an issue next year, if it actually was last year.

Edited by Gordon EF

If Pagey is fit and has his head in the right place then he is a starter IMO, but as Gordon says we now have adequate cover so we aren't now forced to play him as we were last season. And the new guys are going to be "Young's Boys" so may perhaps be starting, the ball is entirely in Pagey's court!!!

Just saw Kevin Byers having a coffee and a cake at Sainsbury's cafe. Could this be the year? #bringhimhome

You could be right!!!
I thought that was him I saw in B&M's buying a novelty Borat Mankini and a packet of "Touch of Lime" Doritos!!!

Just done some calculations for everyone.

For every Adult season ticket at the early bird price of £220 this equates to £4.20 per week over the season (52 weeks)

if everyone was to really push to help the team and the budget by getting a season ticket then think how much extra the club could use for wages etc.

1 ticket = £4.20pw

5 tickets = £21pw

10 tickets = £42pw

So Imagine we all got tickets. Say that number was 50 so an extra 50 tickets of folk on the fence.

thats an extra players wages paid for the season. (£210) all down to season tickets... 

Worth maybe having a look at renewing your ticket book or getting on for the first time. Help the management and the board with getting to the championship if that’s what everyone wants... 

Followed by Cut & Paste Monday
11 and a sub (possibly 2), we're on our way!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 40)
Long
Kane, Dunlop, Page, Meggatt
Thomson, Davidson, Docherty, Linton
Smith, Agnew

Subs: Slattery, Young???

I saw Jay Smart, Dougie Cameron, Lloyd Young, Craig Wight, Kevin Fotheringham & Greig McDonald at Bayview on Saturday night and they were all signing forms, just saying like!!

Was it forms they were signing or bar tabs/iou's, can you be sure???

Just now, sirscottyoung said:

Betfred Cup Games. (None featured on BT Sport)

Sat 14th July - St Johnstone (A)

Tue 17th July - Montrose (A)

Sun 22nd July - Forfar (H)

Sat 28th July - Falkirk (H)

The scaffold will still be there for this game though.

Betfred Cup Games. (None featured on BT Sport)
Sat 14th July - St Johnstone (A)
Tue 17th July - Montrose (A)
Sun 22nd July - Forfar (H)
Sat 28th July - Falkirk (H)

That's a joke!!!
Our football fiesta against Montrose deserves to be seen by a wider audience!!!

All Raith Rovers home matches also being played at Bayview. Thanks for the money rovers!

Raith V Hearts on BT Sport too

IMG_3609.jpg

Ar they building scaffolding for this,the rovers are losing a fortune wi 2000 capacity an our rent 

IMG_3610.jpg

3 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Ar they building scaffolding for this,the rovers are losing a fortune wi 2000 capacity an our rent 

I imagine, if they can they'll push to get the pitch ready for the Hearts game.  I don't suppose any one really cares about our inevitable defeat to Cowden, but it'd be nice to get some money from a big travelling support.

Just now, renton said:

I imagine, if they can they'll push to get the pitch ready for the Hearts game.  I don't suppose any one really cares about our inevitable defeat to Cowden, but it'd be nice to get some money from a big travelling support.

Everything is booked and set out for the game to be played at bayview. imagine going from all ticket 2000 then having to sort out moving everything to starks or vice versa if not ready.