The East Fife Thread

Really happy with the signings of Dunlop, Davidson and Agnew.

From what I can see Stenny fans really rated Dunlop and are gutted to lose him - always a good sign. Mixed signals on Agnew from Stranraer fans but he's been a decent player at this level, at least, for a long time. Can't find much opinion on Davidson and can't say he's a player I've seen much of. Clearly Young knows these guys from his time at Albion Rovers and Alloa and wants them in though which is a good sign.

Fizzing!!![emoji6]

He was good at breaking things up in the middle of the park and I thought his passing was superb. thought he made a massive difference when he signed gutted he hasn’t stayed.

Why would you want to stay ? 100 quid a week, playing in -5 temperatures every week and 2 skint knees for your troubles. TBH cowden are probs a more attractive club than us these days.....

Barry Smith reported as saying that he's signed an out of contract striker who's not currently in the country. I'd imagine a few players are on holiday just now but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Duggan, who's currently away in Oz.

Ben McKenzie been released by St Johnstone wonder if we will a move to sign him permanantly

Would hope we would be first in for him!!!

2 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

True story though, anybody who has played on that surface will testify that you can’t slide tackle without ripping your leg wide open. Maybe that’s where it’s all went wrong .....

Rubbish 

2 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

True story though, anybody who has played on that surface will testify that you can’t slide tackle without ripping your leg wide open. Maybe that’s where it’s all went wrong .....

You'll have played on said surface then?

Or perhaps you're pishing out of your arse...

You'll have played on said surface then?
Or perhaps you're pishing out of your arse...

I have played on the surface many times, as your probably aware it’s open to the public.. The surface it’s self it’s decent to play football on, but you can’t commit to a proper tackle without ripping your leg open. No matter how many pairs of tights you’ve on. It definitely must have some effect on the players. If a had a choice to go to a club playing on plastic or grass I would go to the club with the grass.

The fact you’re wearing tights suggests you’ve got soft skin! No one & I repeat no one has ever complained about our surface. It can be sticky when dry but other than that every team has complimented us on its quality. Try wearing cricket pads if you’re that sensitive!

The fact you’re wearing tights suggests you’ve got soft skin! No one & I repeat no one has ever complained about our surface. It can be sticky when dry but other than that every team has complimented us on its quality. Try wearing cricket pads if you’re that sensitive!

It is good quality to play on and it isn’t great to slide on

5 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

drama warning.jpg

I got worse cuts & grazes playing on bone hard, dry, grassless goal mouths & it never put me off diving or sliding, it’s part of the game. No East Fife player missed a game this season thru a pitch induced injury yet we lost 2 to ACL injuries the season before on our hallowed turf! Go figure