The East Fife Thread

If that's the same Gary Fisher we had on loan from the Accies a couple of years ago, I'm ok with that!!!
But it would be another one of his "boys" from his Albion Rovers days wouldn't it???

He’s not signed, been a mix up

He’s not signed, been a mix up

Bad mix up, you would think he would know the names of the players he's just signed and to do it twice???

Hopefully get an experienced goalkeeper signed for the season had too much young guys on loan and never really had anyone claim the number 1 shirt ,can’t think of one though!

To be fair Goodfellow tried to claim the number 1 shirt , just none none of our last 3 managers wanted to give it to him!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 52)
???
Kane, Dunlop, Page, Linton
Slattery, Davidson, Docherty, Agnew
Smith, ???
Subs: Young???

Has Duggan come to his senses yet???

To be fair Goodfellow tried to claim the number 1 shirt , just none none of our last 3 managers wanted to give it to him!!!

No wonder, to be a goalkeeper you need thick skin, you need confidence and you need to be able to command an area no bigger than 18 yards, he didn’t have any the above. Good shot stopper but looked terrified every week, he had a mistake in him every week. He would pull off a wonder save then chuck a cross in. The opposition knew this. I spoke to dick Campbell last season and he said he had sent one of his defenders to hassle him at every opportunity because he knew. And it showed he was absolutely brutal that day........

Having viewed the seedings here in advance is the Betfred Cup North Section group B draw
Ross County
Inverness Caley
East Fife
Elgin City
Cove Rangers
Out of interest Liam how are the Betfred cup gate receipts shared? Home team keep all or is each game chopped?

As far as I am aware the gates are shared on a game by game basis. Obviously an away tie at any of these teams would be a disappointment as bus & meal costs would probably not be covered 

by a share in the gate particularly midweek. I think the way the draw is seeded we are sure to get at least one of the 4

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

Having viewed the seedings here in advance is the Betfred Cup North Section group B draw

Ross County

Inverness Caley

East Fife

Elgin City

Cove Rangers

Have my doubts as to the validity of this draw, because we didn't get Peterhead, we always get Peterhead!!!

Was Connor McManus offered a contract? He’s signed for Stranraer

That's actually quite disappointing, thought he was looking to go fulltime and if he didn't we would have got him back!!!

Really happy with the signings of Dunlop, Davidson and Agnew.

From what I can see Stenny fans really rated Dunlop and are gutted to lose him - always a good sign. Mixed signals on Agnew from Stranraer fans but he's been a decent player at this level, at least, for a long time. Can't find much opinion on Davidson and can't say he's a player I've seen much of. Clearly Young knows these guys from his time at Albion Rovers and Alloa and wants them in though which is a good sign.

50 minutes ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

What is he like?

He was one of our few January signings, scored one goal at hampden and can read the game well very good passer of the ball in centre midfield, thought we had a chance to keep him tied at bayview but all the best to the lad.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Really happy with the signings of Dunlop, Davidson and Agnew.

From what I can see Stenny fans really rated Dunlop and are gutted to lose him - always a good sign. Mixed signals on Agnew from Stranraer fans but he's been a decent player at this level, at least, for a long time. Can't find much opinion on Davidson and can't say he's a player I've seen much of. Clearly Young knows these guys from his time at Albion Rovers and Alloa and wants them in though which is a good sign.

Agnew best midfielder in our league if you have players prepared to run into space he will find them, great in dead ball situations, but as I said needs a lot of runners to get the best out of him.

Squad for Match Day (Minus 51)
???
Kane, Dunlop, Page, Linton
Slattery, Davidson, Docherty, Agnew
Smith, ???

Subs: Young???