The East Fife Thread

22 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

For the record

Wilkie 31 games missed due to injury

Lamont 17

For a club that is on a strict budget economically it doesnt make sense to keep them on the budget , yes Wilkie has been a great wee player for the club when fit but the club did stand by him when he had knee issues so I don’t get where that’s distasteful of the club ?

In regards to Lamont EFFC gave him a chance after his issues at Stirling

Maybe it was just times to walk away from them !

It' the manager who is distastful talking about injuries not the club. However, it actually shows  he has little experience at man management  and even less integrity. 

11 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

I see billy stark has quit at East Kilbride,and our assistant in EFM could be moving on,we could do worse

Aye, noticed that. It'd be a good appointment. Young and him have worked well together before.

Being hard nosed about it, I'm not overly bothered about Wilkie and Lamont moving on. If we could guarantee 30+ games a season out of them, I'd love to keep them and I hope they get fit, find a club and i'd wish them well. The last two seasons, we've been massively disadvantaged by player being injured for long spells playing in the same positions so I understand that re-signing them, when Kevin smith has also missed large parts of the last two seasons is a bit of a gamble.

It was a bit of a strange thing for Young to say. The usual thing would be to just give a meaningless platitude about 'going in a different direction' the way he did with Goodfellow.

I've noticed that George Good has departed Bayview, I thought he would of been part of GN backroom team when he and Dougie joined QOTS but is a big blow!! He was really liked by the players and was first class physio. We were lucky to have such a good guy that put everything on the pitch in his time at east fife, Sad to see him go, all the best in your new adventure.

hopefully someone with the same cabire and experience in the role steps in as a replacement and the club has lined up someone.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

A great signing for forfar in John Baird,player/ass manager,could east fife not try that with ie Chris miller freed by st.johnstone,a great wee midfielder,that’s if Tony mcminn is leavin us,IMO our top priorities are keeping Chris duggan and signing an experienced goalkeeper-no loan keepers,ps we could find out on sat if rovers stayin down-can we not plan ahead with the income that could bring in

Interesting comment from Lamont in the papers today...

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted

IMG_3416.jpg

I’d have Ross brown in a east fife team over Lamont easily, one shows up every game the other about 1 in 5

The Gospel according to Lamont;
"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Ross Mutch has left the club. Good luck to the lad feel a bit sorry for him.

That is a shame, so anything possibly resembling a youth program is getting punted out the door as well now!!!
Just need to find out what's happening with the other two lads that were "farmed" out, Inglis and Wilson!!!
Anybody???

Don't know if Ross's farewell tweet was made all the more sadder/awkward that it comes under his proudly pinned signing on tweet![emoji853]

IMG_3421.thumb.jpg.4498930064450e463e6e1e8c0f55f1db.jpg

Can someone point me in the direction of where i can see Marcus Lamonty comnents.What paper ?

According to Lamont;
The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.