The East Fife Thread

Sammy, Mark & Greg are not even related never mind brothers!!!!

Liam, while you're on, do you know the fate of McManus and Thomson???
Are they still under contract, been offered new contracts or been released???

There you go, the Squad so far...

Season 2018-19

01 -

02 -

03 - Mark Docherty

04 - Christopher Kane

05 - Jonathan Page

06 -

07 -

08 - Patrick Slattery

09 -

10 - Kevin Smith

11 -

12 -

13 -

14 -

15 -

16 -

17 -

18 - Scott Linton

19 -

20 -

21 -

As I said before, we've been worse off in season's past!!!

Just need to get an earlier start on it this year!!!

Good to see we have kept the squad numbers I thought they were binned this season apparently not! Which is great to see.   But the squad is pretty much taking shape as we speak with 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker which is encouraging to see hopefully the ones offered contracts will be retained - fingers crossed, It'll also be interesting to see what the suitation and club does with the other guys now i.e. McManus, Thomson, Jones, Wilson, Mutch and Inglis(If he's around?). But it'll be interesting month ahead looking at KK list be good to check back in a few weeks time though.

Good to see we have kept the squad numbers I thought they were binned this season apparently not! Which is great to see.   But the squad is pretty much taking shape as we speak with 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker which is encouraging to see hopefully the ones offered contracts will be retained - fingers crossed, It'll also be interesting to see what the suitation and club does with the other guys now i.e. McManus, Thomson, Jones, Wilson, Mutch and Inglis(If he's around?). But it'll be interesting month ahead looking at KK list be good to check back in a few weeks time though.

Don't know if the squad numbers are being binned or not, I've only kept them to compile the list and to fill in the gaps as players resign and others join, so they could actually change, I could see Linton wanting the no. 3 and Docherty want something more midfielderish!!!

But that's a good point about the young guys that have been farmed out, do we still have them on the books???

I see Mutch's deal runs out on the 31st and can't see any dates for Wilson and Ingles!!!

31 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Don't know if the squad numbers are being binned or not, I've only kept them to compile the list and to fill in the gaps as players resign and others join, so they could actually change, I could see Linton wanting the no. 3 and Docherty want something more midfielderish!!!

Possibility when the squad is complete you would think the numbers would change unless we're Real Madrid and not allow someone to wear the no.4 shirt for the season ahead. Ps I wonder if we do have that spare no.77 shirt kept in the locker somewhere from the start of the season;)

31 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

But that's a good point about the young guys that have been farmed out, do we still have them on the books???

Regarding those farmed out I'm only going by looking at the playing staff we have on the website so my guess is pretty much like your question tbh though the only one that stands out would be Wilson in that category but would he be worth staying in young's eyes.

13 hours ago, LiamA said:

Sammy, Mark & Greg are not even related never mind brothers!!!!

Liam,

I was under the impression that the Hursts were brothers as well, must have got that idea from somewhere.

Just read on website that old stalwart Jake Young is still going strong at 82 years old. What a defensive partnership he had with Jim Walker. Would not have fancied playing against them.

14 minutes ago, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

Liam,

I was under the impression that the Hursts were brothers as well, must have got that idea from somewhere.

Just read on website that old stalwart Jake Young is still going strong at 82 years old. What a defensive partnership he had with Jim Walker. Would not have fancied playing against them.

Add to that Alex Wright at left half -what a half back line that was. With your name sakes as defenders and a forward line of McWatt/Meechan,Aitken,Dewar,Stewart and Waddell the team 

of 1963/64 that was.

Docherty was ever present until he was injured and is also our 2nd top scorer, he's also the managers mate which doesn't hurt!!!
Linton wasn't a permanent injury or something liable to reoccur and was back to the bench the last couple of games!!!
Watson is back to fitness scored a peach on Saturday but hasn't resigned and IS technically released, so why have you included him???
Linton and Docherty are also only half way through their current deals, so would need to be paid off if they were released!!!

I just find it distasteful that injuries are used as an excuse to get rid of 2 players who did their best for the club. Just say they are freed you don't have to  lessen their chances of another club by brandishing them crocks 

2 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

I just find it distasteful that injuries are used as an excuse to get rid of 2 players who did their best for the club. Just say they are freed you don't have to  lessen their chances of another club by brandishing them crocks 

Maybe that wasn`t the real reason they have left?  

For the record

Wilkie 31 games missed due to injury

Lamont 17

For a club that is on a strict budget economically it doesnt make sense to keep them on the budget , yes Wilkie has been a great wee player for the club when fit but the club did stand by him when he had knee issues so I don’t get where that’s distasteful of the club ?

In regards to Lamont EFFC gave him a chance after his issues at Stirling

Maybe it was just times to walk away from them !

A bit unfair to say Wilkie missed all those games when he sustained a serious knee injury, take this season after injury he is the second top goalscorer in open play,

Docherty being second as the penalty taker.Think it was a bit much after all he has done for the club that he wasn't given even 5 minutes to say his goodbyes to the fans, after all Goodfellow played the whole game. I have since heard it wasn't due to injury that Wilkie and Lamont have left, it was due to the manager and his assistant not liking them both.