The East Fife Thread

When Young was appointed I’m sure I wasn’t the only fan who was quietly optimistic about our chances this season, however we have become a shambles on the park and are speeding towards League 2.

Here’s a quick run down of what he has ‘achieved’ so far with us:

• Losing to Highland League Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup. Our first ever competitive defeat by a non-league side.

• Losing to bottom of the table Queens Park 3 times so far and registering 1 goal against them.

• Being thumped 5-0 at home against Raith Rovers.

Bearing in mind he hasn’t even been here a year I’m sure the list will grow.

Time for a change before it’s too late.

We haven’t scored one goal from open play in our last 5 games. The only solitary counter was a dubious penalty against Forfar. At any level of football that is ridiculous. At the other end we can’t defend so all in all it looks like a lost cause. The body of evidence is mounting against Young’s managerial ability by the week. Surely the board must be telling him the results and performances are unacceptable. How far can they allow this to go on, I reckon there will be a big dip in attendance next week as the last three home games would have put even the most optimistic Fife fan of football for a long time. You have to think next week will be the last chance, to get things on the park right as defeat will leave us going into the last quarter of the season in big bother.

We really are not that far away from the bottom two spots in this league, so our form has to be a real concern.  I've said before, but I genuinely think we have a squad of players that can perform better than this. If Young manages to keep us in this division, his future will surely be under consideration in the summer. Anyone know if it was a 2 year contract he was given?

We really are not that far away from the bottom two spots in this league, so our form has to be a real concern.  I've said before, but I genuinely think we have a squad of players that can perform better than this. If Young manages to keep us in this division, his future will surely be under consideration in the summer. Anyone know if it was a 2 year contract he was given?

Young IS on a 2 year deal!!!

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Not the answer I was looking for, that'll certainly have to be considered when looking at his future. Maybe I'm being too harsh, our points per game isn't that far away from what it was last season, and we also had a stinking end to last season under Smith. 

Still amazes me that he hasn't been sacked yet. There wasn't even a 1% chance we were going to get a result yesterday and everyone knew it. 

As a few Ayr fans have commented we are the worst side they have seen and you can't disagree with them. We have 2 or 3 players who are good league 1 players but the rest are a disgrace and when you mix that with a manager who quite clearly hasn't got a clue what he's doing then theres only one outcome. 

Albion Rovers are now in 9th and 7 points behind us with 2 games in hand. I honestly can't see us winning another game this season unless we get a major bit of luck. We'll go down through the playoffs unless something changes. 

Makes you wonder what the muppets running the club actually do with their time. Clyde have appointed a proven winner at this level and have now won 5 on the bounce yet we are stuck with the cheap option slugging it out and hoping for the best. Shambles of a club. 

I can see why youse are getting worried, but have to say the work rate and effort on show by your team clearly shows the players are playing for the manager, all you needed was a wee break which ayr got with the first goal.

i think there is a team in there but a bit of quality up top is all that is required but don't know where you'll get it now after January door. Ayr have that quality in the boy shank land whole be in the premier league next year. Don't see east fife going down

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Doesn't matter. Club need to cut their losses and get rid now otherwise this clown will be plumbing the depths of the 2nd next season in hot pursuit of Cowdenbeath.

I seriously think he's capable of taking us down this season.

CELEBRATION DINNER ????
[emoji414] Sat 2nd June
[emoji804] 7 pm
[emoji625] Buckhaven Community Centre
[emoji441] Speaker tba
[emoji957] £50/person (payment plan available)
[emoji471] 80th anniversary of Scottish Cup win (1938)
[emoji471] 70th anniversary of first League Cup win (1947/48)
[emoji471] 10th anniversary of League 2 triumph (2007/08)

On 18/02/2018 at 12:05, ajm11591 said:

Still amazes me that he hasn't been sacked yet. There wasn't even a 1% chance we were going to get a result yesterday and everyone knew it. 

As a few Ayr fans have commented we are the worst side they have seen and you can't disagree with them. We have 2 or 3 players who are good league 1 players but the rest are a disgrace and when you mix that with a manager who quite clearly hasn't got a clue what he's doing then theres only one outcome. 

Albion Rovers are now in 9th and 7 points behind us with 2 games in hand. I honestly can't see us winning another game this season unless we get a major bit of luck. We'll go down through the playoffs unless something changes. 

Makes you wonder what the muppets running the club actually do with their time. Clyde have appointed a proven winner at this level and have now won 5 on the bounce yet we are stuck with the cheap option slugging it out and hoping for the best. Shambles of a club. 

I don’t think that you’ll find Darren Young is a cheap option if he’s earning anything like the Albion Rovers fans were quoting he earned with them. He probably still has 15 or 16 month left on his contract, so to pay that up will be a large chunk of money. Is that chunk of money going to be more than the cost of relegation or fans staying away because of the poor product on display recently. On the flip side we fans were all shouting for Gary Naysmith to walk before he came good. Patience isn’t a thing that comes easy to football fans. One things for sure if the team show as little appetite or hunger for the game on Saturday as we have shown in our last 3  home games then I can’t see the fans cutting them much slack. Darren has asked for the fans to turn out on Saturday for what could be a pivotal moment in the season , I only hope he and his team give us something to shout about and get behind the team. Albion Rovers haven’t won in 9 games so their confidence will be as low as ours it will come down to who wants it the most, and let’s be honest we haven’t done ourselves many favours in that department this season.

12 hours ago, fifer67 said:

I don’t think that you’ll find Darren Young is a cheap option if he’s earning anything like the Albion Rovers fans were quoting he earned with them. He probably still has 15 or 16 month left on his contract, so to pay that up will be a large chunk of money. Is that chunk of money going to be more than the cost of relegation or fans staying away because of the poor product on display recently. On the flip side we fans were all shouting for Gary Naysmith to walk before he came good. Patience isn’t a thing that comes easy to football fans. One things for sure if the team show as little appetite or hunger for the game on Saturday as we have shown in our last 3  home games then I can’t see the fans cutting them much slack. Darren has asked for the fans to turn out on Saturday for what could be a pivotal moment in the season , I only hope he and his team give us something to shout about and get behind the team. Albion Rovers haven’t won in 9 games so their confidence will be as low as ours it will come down to who wants it the most, and let’s be honest we haven’t done ourselves many favours in that department this season.

Perhaps not in terms of what they are paying him but in terms of quality he's most definitely a cheap option and even more questions have to be asked of those running the club if he is indeed being paid a ridiculous amount. 

To be fair to Naismith at least you could see some sort of improvement in the team even when things weren't going so well. Unlike now where we go down without a fight and with no backup plan every single week. 

For all of care I hope nobody turns up on Saturday, the players haven't exactly covered themselves in glory & Young definitely doesn't deserve the backing. He's a shit manager end of, in fact he's probably the worst I've seen since I started going in 2002 and that's some achievement. 

As for the game itself, as you say Albion aren't exactly flying at the moment but as long as they turn up with some sort of game plan and organisation they'll most likely walk straight over us.