The East Fife Thread

I think it's a bit early to call for Young's head to be rolled down Swan Brae. We always lose to Queens Park and that 0-5 was disgusting but we have to give Young a chance.

We have had a high turnover of players and it will take time for these guys to gel and for Young to work out his best 11. Glad to see that Page got a run out and he will certainly be back into the starting line up when match fit. Not having Kevin Smith available is also a big loss for us.

Out with Raith and Ayr the rest of us will take points off of each other throughout the season.

I think it's a bit early to call for Young's head to be rolled down Swan Brae. We always lose to Queens Park and that 0-5 was disgusting but we have to give Young a chance.

We have had a high turnover of players and it will take time for these guys to gel and for Young to work out his best 11. Glad to see that Page got a run out and he will certainly be back into the starting line up when match fit. Not having Kevin Smith available is also a big loss for us.

Out with Raith and Ayr the rest of us will take points off of each other throughout the season.

So would you rather wait until we're rock bottom and have no hope.......? a don't see how that team will gel unfortunately, it's fine when players just need time to click, but they boys are totally out their depth and look like there being asked to play positions that are totally foreign to them, Millar in the middle of the park has been absolutely anonymous since he signed. As for smith he's a cracking player but let's be honest you would be lucky if him and duggan got us 35 between them over 2 seasons, never mind 35 each per season. A fancy us to go down with the worst goal difference and points total in 2nd division history.

I think there's a bit of an over reaction here.

As embarrassing as the Raith game was, sometimes you just get hit against a good team in their stride and you're not up to it on the day. Outwith that game, we've won two by the odd goal and lost two by the odd goal. That's hardly a signal to panic.

There are clearly problems with the team. I think it's pretty obvious we haven't got the midfield working properly yet. If we want to play one up front, Young's going to have to find a way to get the midfield linking up with and supporting Duggan a lot better. Kyle Wilkie is wasted in a defensive role. He's best in a more attacking role just off the striker I think. Flanagan looks promising but he was far too predictable on Saturday and too easy to deal with.

I'd like to see us go 4-2-3-1. Millar and Slattery sitting, Lamont, Wilkie and Hurst in behind Duggan for the Airdrie game.

Bit premature calling for Darren Young's head, however, the next 2 games are crucial for his managerial career.

The team are all over the place, especially at the back. When things are not going right Darren seems to just stand there with his arms folded staring into space! I genuinely hope he turns things around but the last two games will certainly encourage people not to part with their cash to watch that crap.

I have seen every league game this season and apart from the rovers debacle i think millar has been our best defensive midfielder, he is the only player willing to put himself about and make tackles, kyle wilkie is as well sitting in the stand if he is going to drop that far back and needs to play in the Robinson role, as for young i would give him tje first quarter of the season to sort this mess out and if he can't get rid.

Team for Sat v Airdrie

Hurst

Dunsmore. Watson Page.  Linton

Kane. Millar

Reilly. Wilkie.  Flannigan

Duggan

Will Darren Young have the guts to make big changes and drop his close buddies who lets be honest have been very disappointing ? Said all the right things in his post match interview last Sat but I don't think he'll have the bottle to follow it through. He'll end up making a token one or two changes but Docherty, Gordon and Willis will still be in the starting 11. Others deserve a chance to prove themselves so let's give them their chance at Airdrie !

The last 2 results are colouring opinions but I don't believe whether a manager is quiet or bawls and shouts on the touch line makes much difference.Yes the ability to change things is important but a few well chosen words can have more effect than screaming from the sidelines for 90 minutes.Darren Young will ultimately be judged on results based on his team selections and tactics.Frankly the attitude against Raith was such that the tactics became irrelevant.

On 12/09/2017 at 13:00, Gordon EF said:

I think there's a bit of an over reaction here.

As embarrassing as the Raith game was, sometimes you just get hit against a good team in their stride and you're not up to it on the day. Outwith that game, we've won two by the odd goal and lost two by the odd goal. That's hardly a signal to panic.

There are clearly problems with the team. I think it's pretty obvious we haven't got the midfield working properly yet. If we want to play one up front, Young's going to have to find a way to get the midfield linking up with and supporting Duggan a lot better. Kyle Wilkie is wasted in a defensive role. He's best in a more attacking role just off the striker I think. Flanagan looks promising but he was far too predictable on Saturday and too easy to deal with.

I'd like to see us go 4-2-3-1. Millar and Slattery sitting, Lamont, Wilkie and Hurst in behind Duggan for the Airdrie game.

Most sensible post I've seen, Even though we are your local rivals sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say you were beaten by a good team, Rovers should be beating East Fife etc considering we are full time and some of the players we have in the squad take Ayr and ourselves out all other teams can beat each other so all is not lost for East Fife