The East Fife Thread

5 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

Noting the comments about Darren Young.... at Albion Rovers he had experienced assistants in Sandy Clarke and Billy Stark - they always seemed to step in when things were going badly - particularly Sandy Clark - we are where we are now (in my opinion) because of him. Don`t forget that Young only won three of his last seventeen matches at ARFC.

Don't over assess the situation. Give the boy time to find his feet and things will come good! 

There has been a positivity about recent times which is good in the long term for the club.
Saturday, and I am not prone to swearing, was as fucking hurtful as a game of football should be.
They even announced it on tbe tannoy of our local club.
I sense a hardening.. a pessimism has sneaked in since the match.
This is not good for potential investors. This squad is a pretty good one. Rovers will win this league. Keep the faith!

3 hours ago, Wee Jockie said:

There has been a positivity about recent times which is good in the long term for the club.
Saturday, and I am not prone to swearing, was as fucking hurtful as a game of football should be.
They even announced it on tbe tannoy of our local club.
I sense a hardening.. a pessimism has sneaked in since the match.
This is not good for potential investors. This squad is a pretty good one. Rovers will win this league. Keep the faith!

I can understand your pain,man.

However, as Darren Young himself said, sometimes you can take a lot out of a  defeat, maybe this is the wake up call needed? 

You got us in full flow and I think there may be other teams who will concede a few goals to us.

Hope you are right about us winning the league!! 

Have you seen Ayr United play this season?

I can understand your pain,man.
However, as Darren Young himself said, sometimes you can take a lot out of a  defeat, maybe this is the wake up call needed? 
You got us in full flow and I think there may be other teams who will concede a few goals to us.
Hope you are right about us winning the league!! 
Have you seen Ayr United play this season?

Live abroad

Very good piece of business from the club being able to bring Hursty back on loan and as mentioned it's a pity it couldn't be a season long deal instead of until January. That's Liam Kelly and Hursty twice been brought in and been used by 3 different managers at the expense of Goodfellow so the first piece of business next summer for the manager will be to find a longer term goalkeeping solution. To be fair Naysmith did try and address this issue last summer by bringing in Muir from Queens Park but it didn't work out.

His contract expires in the Summer, and he's unlikely to be above third choice for us any time soon with Mannus and Clark both contracted. We've got a young keeper coming through that seems highly regarded too.

Purely speculation but there's a chance he'll be available permanently next Summer. Get promoted and you'd likely be front runners.

His contract expires in the Summer, and he's unlikely to be above third choice for us any time soon with Mannus and Clark both contracted. We've got a young keeper coming through that seems highly regarded too.

Purely speculation but there's a chance he'll be available permanently next Summer. Get promoted and you'd likely be front runners.

Can we get Kerr as well???