The East Fife Thread

Will there be a bus going to Stranraer? Looked at train times, but I wouldn't get back to Kirkcaldy until after midnight.

Yes there is, PM Smuggfifer and he'll help you out!!!

I know it was a friendly today but St Johnstone brought and played the majority of their first team squad over the 90 mins and the big plus was the performance of Kieran Millar. I can see why he was Stenhousemuir's POTY year last season and he looks an astute bit of business by the club. He has a good engine to work around the midfield area and has a good reading of the game and coupled with his anticipation he will make countless important tackles, blocks and interceptions in the season ahead.

4 minutes ago, Mefil81 said:

I know it was a friendly today but St Johnstone brought and played the majority of their first team squad over the 90 mins and the big plus was the performance of Kieran Millar. I can see why he was Stenhousemuir's POTY year last season and he looks an astute bit of business by the club. He has a good engine to work around the midfield area and has a good reading of the game and coupled with his anticipation he will make countless important tackles, blocks and interceptions in the season ahead.

Completely agreed.

Thought he looked very good against Hearts and Elgin too.  A midfield of Millar and Wilkie would do me

East Fife 0 St Johnstone 2

EF had Keiran Duffy and Sam Linton as trialists as well as 2 guys form St Johnstone, striker and a central defender. First half was good but an unfortunate of deflection gave St Johnstone the lad at half time.

Millar looks good, as does Kyle Wilkie. Overall I think Young has brought in a few good signings. Looking forward to the season.

ps of approx 20 + players in St Johnstone squad, there was no place for Jason Kerr!!!!!!

How did East Fife fans rate the two younger players we had playing for them? Don't think we'll let Gordon (16) leave but Hurst (10) is a possiblity of being on loan with you. So would Callum Hendry who came in for us (50).

Who was the young lad who got subbed on? Inglis? You can see he's got class but still a bit physically small to be able to show it all.

Who was the young lad who got subbed on? Inglis? You can see he's got class but still a bit physically small to be able to show it all.

Sure he's just turned 16, he's got loads of time, get him on the steak, egg and chips workout plan!!!

Sure he's just turned 16, he's got loads of time, get him on the steak, egg and chips workout plan!!!

He looked about 12 [emoji23] Paton started laughing when he came on, and tried to absolutely smash him, but he just skipped by him and left him for dead. Was tremendous.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How did East Fife fans rate the two younger players we had playing for them? Don't think we'll let Gordon (16) leave but Hurst (10) is a possiblity of being on loan with you. So would Callum Hendry who came in for us (50).

Don't fancy the big guy (no 16) he gave away the ball for your second goal. Hurst huffed and puffed and showed a few nice touches. Could do a turn in League one. But what is happening with Jason Kerr, solid defender and chipped in with a few decisive goals last season?

Don't think Liam Gordon would be any better than Ben Gordon, Craig Watson, Jonathan Page in central defence. If Saints are going to let him go out on loan they will want him to be playing and I'm not sure he'd get the game time they would be looking for. Greg Hurst looked ok but not really a partner for Duggan. Callum Hendry on the other hand looked as though he could give us something up front. Scott Linton looked decent at left back and would give experienced cover for Mark Docherty. Thought Ryan Couser, our trialists Goalkeeper looked very nervous and certainly wouldn't inspire confidence in those around him. If we need another keeper to cover in Cordery's absence, I'd rather we tried to bring Mark Hurst back from St Johnstone even for a month. 

Saints were streets ahead today which is to be expected and they had the luxury of being able to change virtually the whole team. Today was my first game of the season due to having been on holiday. Like the attitude and work rate of Keiran Miller. Dunamore looked decent. Flannigan was was busy and decent attacking opponents. Watson looked like a good acquisition at this level. Whilst optimistic about the season ahead when all our injured players are fit and available, I still feel we really need a striker to either work alongside Chris Duggan or to put pressure on him to get in the team

Don't fancy the big guy (no 16) he gave away the ball for your second goal. Hurst huffed and puffed and showed a few nice touches. Could do a turn in League one. But what is happening with Jason Kerr, solid defender and chipped in with a few decisive goals last season?

I'm not sure, tbh. We've five centre halves, and Kerr seems to be bottom of the pile. I'm not ITK or anything, but I feel like we'll try and loan him out to a Championship side this season.