The East Fife Thread

Have we actually signed anybody new this week???
Darren says he's wanting another 5 or 6 in, KO is not far away now!!!

Not sure if you'll care or not, but there's a chance Jason Kerr will be getting a run in our team this season. Due to injuries we've only one senior centre half for Thursdays European game, and Kerr is one of three youngsters being considered to fill in, and we're in the same injury situation for the next month, so whoevers selected has a chance to make a real impression

Not sure if you'll care or not, but there's a chance Jason Kerr will be getting a run in our team this season. Due to injuries we've only one senior centre half for Thursdays European game, and Kerr is one of three youngsters being considered to fill in, and we're in the same injury situation for the next month, so whoevers selected has a chance to make a real impression

Good luck to Kerr. He gave his all for us when here and hopefully he can push on and do a job for u's.

Of course we care, the guy has been a great servant for The Fife over the last couple of years, the only regret being that he wasn't "our" player!!!

But in saying that, for somebody who wasn't "our" player he certainly stepped up to the plate in a brave (almost singlehanded) attempt to continue our attempted push to the Championship last term when we were ravaged with injuries, in fact it was his late late goals against Stranraer, Albion Rovers and Livingston that kept us involved until the dying minutes of the last game of the season!!!

We were all disappointed to see him go, and a large part of the disappointment of not reaching the playoffs was because if we had went up and he was farmed out again, then the odds were good that we would have had him for a third season!!!

But there are times when you have to let go and this was it, he was far too good for League One and tbh he would have strolled the Championship, if he is now getting a chance with the Saints then I hope he takes it, he won't let you down and will only get better!!!

You've won a watch there as we got an already impressive player from yourselves and returned him to you as even better one, take care of him!!!

Class player, you will reap the benefits off his past 2 seasons with us. Not scared to go on a carrant up the park and stick one in.

Of course we care, the guy has been a great servant for The Fife over the last couple of years, the only regret being that he wasn't "our" player!!!
But in saying that, for somebody who wasn't "our" player he certainly stepped up to the plate in a brave (almost singlehanded) attempt to continue our attempted push to the Championship last term when we were ravaged with injuries, in fact it was his late late goals against Stranraer, Albion Rovers and Livingston that kept us involved until the dying minutes of the last game of the season!!!
We were all disappointed to see him go, and a large part of the disappointment of not reaching the playoffs was because if we had went up and he was farmed out again, then the odds were good that we would have had him for a third season!!!
But there are times when you have to let go and this was it, he was far too good for League One and tbh he would have strolled the Championship, if he is now getting a chance with the Saints then I hope he takes it, he won't let you down and will only get better!!!
You've won a watch there as we got an already impressive player from yourselves and returned him to you as even better one, take care of him!!!

Excellent summary KK, remember GNs words, " he will play for Scotland one day"

It always surprised me that Jason was never selected for any scotland U19/20 squads in his time at Bayview, especially as most squads select 3/4 centre halfs so he wouldn't necessarily be in the starting 11 but would surely have benefited from being in the squad and gaining experience in a position where our senior national team is really lacking depth. I know he has been playing at League 1 and 2 level the past 2 seasons yet the fact remains he has played in 79 games and crucially they have come between the age of 17-20 range which Malky McKay has identified as essential to a players development. Jason has become a better player with each passing month and really worked on his recovery speed and strength in the season past and you couldn't see him being shrugged off the ball as Ross Caldwell done at the start of the season for Brechin at Bayview which led to a goal now. I acknowledge Chris Mcart and Zak Jules had loan spells with SPL clubs from January this year yet the total games McCart, Jules and Iacovitti the 3 centre halves selected for the Scotland U-20 Toulon squad have played in the time Jason was at Bayview totals 41 (I had to use Wikipedia so it is probably an approx total) yet there parent clubs are Celtic, Reading and Notts Forest. I'm not saying Jason is a better player than those 3 as I haven't watched them play but like Liam Lindsay having never represented Scotland at any youth level it seems their is an inherent bias from Scotlands coaches against people who have played a lot of games although maybe at a lower level in Scotland with a preference for English parent club players who have only played academy games. Jason may have been out of his depth at this level but I have always felt his form and improvement and game time merited selection to at least one squad.

Was speaking to a fellow fan who in turn was speaking to a friend of a friend who confirmed that Ben Gordon was indeed training with us.Also mentioned that Scott Linton formerly Clyde and Cowdenbeath was also training as was a goalie who last season played for Ross County development squad.

I suppose things might become clearer after tomorrows friendly with St. Mirren.

The manager is clearly attemting to bolster the defence.

At the other end of the pitch do we need to give support to Duggan or can Mutch and Wilson rise to the occasion?

Was speaking to a fellow fan who in turn was speaking to a friend of a friend who confirmed that Ben Gordon was indeed training with us.Also mentioned that Scott Linton formerly Clyde and Cowdenbeath was also training as was a goalie who last season played for Ross County development squad.
I suppose things might become clearer after tomorrows friendly with St. Mirren.
The manager is clearly attemting to bolster the defence.
At the other end of the pitch do we need to give support to Duggan or can Mutch and Wilson rise to the occasion?

Would be delighted with both Gordon and Linton