The East Fife Thread

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:57, sneed hearn said:
4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Jason Kerr. Was with you last season I believe..

Was he on loan from St Johnstone or was he your player?

Any good? What position(s) does he play?

I've heard a whisper that we might be after him.

I'd be surprised if Queen of the South aren't in for Kerrso if SJ are putting him out on loan again...

12 hours ago, east fife for life said:

I'd be surprised if Kerr went to the Rovers, I'm sure he will be keen to break into the Saints squad this coming season. I'm surprised at the money Raith seem to have, financial disaster if the don't return straight back to Championship

Feel free to give an insight to our finances

Sparky is a decent player. Not the greatest defender in the world - dodgy positioning at times and a tendency to dive in - but a good left-sided midfielder who will bring energy and a sweet left foot to the team. Also plays with his heart on his sleeve. Very popular among the Alloa support, not least for the latter reason.

It's being banded about on our thread that we're after James Penrice, who I believe had a rather impressive loan spell with you lot last season. Aside from his set piece deliveries (which I am reliably informed are "Beckham-esque") is he capable of doing a solid job in the Championship?

I think he would be able to play at Championship level as he has all the attributes of a modern full back. He is reasonably quick, has a great engine for getting up and down the line and after having Gary Naysmith an excellent defender still but not a player who passed the half way line much it was refreshing to see a LB putting in a cross deep in the oppositions half. I felt defensively he improved with each game and was becoming more pro active at going to meet the ball both in the air and in a tackle before the attacker had the opportunity to take a touch. However, as a word of caution he is still only 18 and has a lot to learn and will have a poor game on occasion, for east fife it was the home game against Brechin I felt, but in terms of potential and the young man gaining game time at a higher level for his continued development I think it could be a win win situation for club and player.

A very promising left full back .Good energy and pace going forward.Defence needs to be worked on.

Personally I think that the Championship is a season too soon for him. Others may disagree.

Certainly the potential to be a fantastic player.

It's being banded about on our thread that we're after James Penrice, who I believe had a rather impressive loan spell with you lot last season. Aside from his set piece deliveries (which I am reliably informed are "Beckham-esque") is he capable of doing a solid job in the Championship?

He was brilliant for us think a season in the championship will do him good and wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in the first team for thistle the season after

Excellent player who is only going to get better and better, their current LB must be some player if Jamesie is getting put out on loan again!!!

He has the potential to go very far and is better than Partick Thistle, and I'm not meaning that as a dig at them!!!

Mark my words, he'll play for Scotland eventually, another one to add to our ever growing list of National Left Backs!!!

Excellent player who is only going to get better and better, their current LB must be some player if Jamesie is getting put out on loan again!!!

He has the potential to go very far and is better than Partick Thistle, and I'm not meaning that as a dig at them!!!

Mark my words, he'll play for Scotland eventually, another one to add to our ever growing list of National Left Backs!!!

This James Penrice you're talking about or Callum Booth as I seem to recall Rovers fans having the exact same opinion after his loan spell with us in the 13/14 season. He is now Partick Thistle's current left back.

1 hour ago, Mefil81 said:

I think he would be able to play at Championship level as he has all the attributes of a modern full back. He is reasonably quick, has a great engine for getting up and down the line and after having Gary Naysmith an excellent defender still but not a player who passed the half way line much it was refreshing to see a LB putting in a cross deep in the oppositions half. I felt defensively he improved with each game and was becoming more pro active at going to meet the ball both in the air and in a tackle before the attacker had the opportunity to take a touch. However, as a word of caution he is still only 18 and has a lot to learn and will have a poor game on occasion, for east fife it was the home game against Brechin I felt, but in terms of potential and the young man gaining game time at a higher level for his continued development I think it could be a win win situation for club and player.

That sounds much like Daniel Harvie, who we had in that position last season. He had only a handful of minutes as a late sub for Aberdeen when he made his debut for us, and by God it showed! Fortunately he settled right into things, and became absolutely crucial.

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

A very promising left full back .Good energy and pace going forward.Defence needs to be worked on.

Personally I think that the Championship is a season too soon for him. Others may disagree.

Certainly the potential to be a fantastic player.

51 minutes ago, T-zero said:

He was brilliant for us think a season in the championship will do him good and wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in the first team for thistle the season after

39 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Left-backs and Goalkeepers*. It's all we can produce!

Cheers guys, it all sounds very positive, so I'm hopeful it'll be true. Nice for us to finally be linked with players to be honest! All the best next season. Hacksaw and Sparky in the same team. Glorious

Spoiler

*Up until Craig Gordon forgot how to use his hands last weekend...

This James Penrice you're talking about or Callum Booth as I seem to recall Rovers fans having the exact same opinion after his loan spell with us in the 13/14 season. He is now Partick Thistle's current left back.

Penrice!!!