The East Fife Thread

As soon as he got the job he would've spoke to players, he would've had some players in mind from his time at Albion and he'll be looking at players who are currently free agents/still to be released from current club. It is quite boring but id rather wait and get the right player.

No word yet on the assistant but i'm sure we'll find out soon

As soon as he got the job he would've spoke to players, he would've had some players in mind from his time at Albion and he'll be looking at players who are currently free agents/still to be released from current club. It is quite boring but id rather wait and get the right player.
No word yet on the assistant but i'm sure we'll find out soon

The voice of reason !!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

The aircraft carrier thing was tongue in cheek. I agree to DY would have players in mind that he wants and possibly made offers already but it is a bit disconcerting when most of your opponents next season are tying up all the decent players around at the moment. Hope they leave some decent ones for us.

I'm not worried about lack of signings at all. If you look at the other teams in L1, we're probably about average in terms of number of players signed up at this stage and I'm pretty happy with who've we've tied up at the moment. Darren Young knows this league and knows pretty much every player at East Fife already to some extent, he'll know what's required and who he wants.

Lowland League champions East Kilbride have targeted Billy Stark after Martin Lauchlan departed as team boss, but the former Scotland Under-21 manager could rejoin Darren Young at East Fife having worked with their manager at Albion Rovers. (Scottish Sun, print edition)

Would be happy to see either as assistant manager, Martin is a young man proved himself as manager of Rossvale and EK while Billy has vast amount of experience and has worked with Young before.

Also I see us linked with Mark Docherty aswell as Raith & Stranraer in the Courier.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Always liked Billy Stark. It'd be fantastic if we could get him in.

From the experience at ARFC, Darren Young needs an experienced No. 2 - Sandy Clark and Billy Stark`s presence backing him up was of incalculable value.

Getting a bit worrying not hearing any signing news or assistant news this week hopefully hear stuff tomorrow as players are running out now we dont want to be left with free agents that nobody else wants and that arent of enough quality to keep us up where we finished last season

Getting a bit worrying not hearing any signing news or assistant news this week hopefully hear stuff tomorrow as players are running out now we dont want to be left with free agents that nobody else wants and that arent of enough quality to keep us up where we finished last season

Think we may hear something tomorrow