The East Fife Thread

10 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

You obviously know nothing about the history of Fife football if you think EF's biggest rivals is Cowden

Due to the nature of where both teams have been, league wise, for the last wee while the rivalry has probably died a death at our end. Not denying that a few of the older heads will remember EF being the main rivalry back in the day but certainly in the last 20+ years it's been Dunfermline for us with EF not really been given much thought until we met again during the Wullie Gray era. I think if you even took out the pantomime villain that was Gray from those games they'd not have had much oomph about them. I don't really have much in the way of any ill feeling towards EF in all honesty with the main positive to take about playing you is it's a short away trip.....and the fact we'll probably win, again.

Dont want any of the usual names that get mentioned ie Dick Campbell or Gary Bollan we shouldnt even interview for the job we should approach Darren Young and see if he is interested and if so should see what he wants wages wise and budget wise and if it fits then offer him the job and bring Billy Stark in with him as assistant for me they are the best option out there

Not convinced by Darren Young,had a great budget at Albion Rovers for a couple of seasons due to televised cup matches .Not everyone's cup of tea but Jim Weir has restored his credibility at Elgin and might well have won the league but for an injury to Sutherland.

In other news, which might have been missed over the last couple of days, Ross Mutch has signed for next Season!!!

Him and Kieran Millar bring the Squad numbers up to 11, so we've enough for a Team at the moment!!!

Squad - Season 2017-18

01 - Ryan Goodfellow
02 - ???
03 - Patrick Slattery
04 - Christopher Kane
05 - Jonathan Page
06 - ???
07 - ???
08 - ???
09 - Christopher Duggan
10 - Kevin Smith
11 - Kyle Wilkie
12 - ???
13 - ???
14 - ???
15 - ???
16 - ???
17 - Ross Mutch
18 - ???
19 - ???
20 - Benjamin Reilly
21 - ???
22 - ???

00 - Paul Willis, Kieran Millar!!!

That is unless that rat Smith raids us for a few!!! 

Dont want any of the usual names that get mentioned ie Dick Campbell or Gary Bollan we shouldnt even interview for the job we should approach Darren Young and see if he is interested and if so should see what he wants wages wise and budget wise and if it fits then offer him the job and bring Billy Stark in with him as assistant for me they are the best option out there

Why the f**k would Bollan or Campbell want to go to EF?

Pretty sure Campbell was on the shortlist last time and was keen, might even have been interviewed, but Judas Smith got the gig instead!!!

8 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Just to try & throw some lightness into the pot, here's next seasons strips

Are we playing in skins???

eta: in before the edit!!!:lol:

Edited by King Kebab

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Right...

If you really think DC was keen to walk out of a title challenge, with the club and board that had not long sacked him, then you're being daft.

protest4.jpeg

In regard to Barry Smith leaving Bayview I would make this observation. As of last night with the players he allowed to leave at the end of the season and the players thus far signed up it could be said with some confidence that East Fife would have managed to finish between 3rd and 8th in the coming season. It can also be said that depending on who the board appoint next they will also finish comfortably safe with the likes of Pagey, Duggan and Kev Smith signed up. So Barry Smith leaving won't have a massive impact on where East Fife finish next season. The Rovers will have informed him 1st place and automatic promotion is essential however, with Ayr going full time and bringing in some impressive signings so far 1st place is far from a given as League 1 will be extremely competitive this season. So the gamble and uncertainty lies with Smith and the Rovers.  As for the next manager I would have said Ian Murray but I think he is in Norway as an assistant to Kev Nicol the ex Hibs player.

In regard to Barry Smith leaving Bayview I would make this observation. As of last night with the players he allowed to leave at the end of the season and the players thus far signed up it could be said with some confidence that East Fife would have managed to finish between 3rd and 8th in the coming season. It can also be said that depending on who the board appoint next they will also finish comfortably safe with the likes of Pagey, Duggan and Kev Smith signed up. So Barry Smith leaving won't have a massive impact on where East Fife finish next season. The Rovers will have informed him 1st place and automatic promotion is essential however, with Ayr going full time and bringing in some impressive signings so far 1st place is far from a given as League 1 will be extremely competitive this season. So the gamble and uncertainty lies with Smith and the Rovers.  As for the next manager I would have said Ian Murray but I think he is in Norway as an assistant to Kev Nicol the ex Hibs player.

Spot on but I think most of the supporters feel hard done by that he basically signed two players in the morning and by 3.47pm he had signed with raith... I get it he wants to be a. FT manager but his cv is showing he is a short term fix .. onwards and upwards #monthefife

I completely agree with that as well as he has clearly convinced Kieran Miller and Ross Mutch to sign and within 24 hours he has left. In the case of young Ross especially it is poor conduct as at 18 years old his development can easily stall if he isn't playing each week and I am sure there would have been junior teams offering him such a chance. If Barry Smith has promised him increased game time and assured him he is in his plans and he has signed in good faith so I would hate to see the new manager come in and he ends up with very limited minutes on the pitch and feels let down.

Just seen his interview and he's said he will be speaking to players who hav agreed to sign with other clubs,a bit worrying,hope our chairman is right,maybe we should hav had a clause in his new contract -we won't stand in yr way if u leav our players well alone

17 minutes ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

Spot on but I think most of the supporters feel hard done by that he basically signed two players in the morning and by 3.47pm he had signed with raith... I get it he wants to be a. FT manager but his cv is showing he is a short term fix .. onwards and upwards #monthefife

f**k him.

The focus should now be on getting a good replacement in and getting stuck in about Smith Judas and that mob along the road next season.

Been watching the Fife since early 70s and nothing beats a game against your local rivals from Kirkcaldy. Its a special game and this just adds a bit more spice to the mix.

Forget Judas and get behind the new guy (whoever he might be). Personally I'd love to see Dick Campbell at East Fife;) but please, no more rookie managers. We should have learnt by now. Naysmith got a tad lucky by winning the 2nd. A good run at a good time in a really poor league. He'll get punted by QOS next season. The 1st isn't a league to take a chance on a rookie.

Campbell for me but not too fussed so long as he has experience.