The East Fife Thread

Credit where it's due... Part 2

IMG_1485628729.403441.jpg

Ryan has now gone 575 minutes without losing a goal!!!

Should also have said that this is a new Club record!!!

Well done again Ryan!!!

Was wondering about the difference, I added 90 mins to the figure the Club released last week!!!

Take it you don't count the injury time minutes in these sort of things either???

This club record is actually pretty sensational. Ryan wasn't even first choice goalie this season. He came in because Mark Hurst  was unavailable for the Scottish Cup tie v Edinburgh City, lost a goal just before the break. played the replay and kept a clean sheet. including a terrific late stop. Kept the shirt as interim boss Dougie Anderson saw off Brechin City at Glebe Park 1-0 in a televised game. New manager Barry Smith kept faith with Ryan for a 2-0 home win against Peterhead. Off to another away victory at Ochilview, although an injury saw Ryan being replaced by Hurst 15 minutes from time. Hurst kept the gloves until St Johnstone refused to release him for the Scottish Cup tie at Livingston - another 1-0 win with several top drawer stops from the keeper, followed by another clean sheet yesterday...  

I'm surprised that we haven't added more to the squad in the window but if the players aren't there, they aren't there. I think we're maybe allowed one more loan signing since O'Hara was only short term? I'd imagine that's the way we'll go. Anyone that was good enough to improve us will already be playing for a team, and we're not exactly in a position to be churning out transfer fees. Disappointing, but I do understand it. Hopefully we do get one more in this window (Austin returning?!) and we can get a bit of luck with regards injuries and push for a top 4 place.

What about the boy from Hamilton who was on the bench on Saturday, is he signing???

He is actually a free agent accies let him go in January 1st
Luke watt is a great wee loan for us
Understanding that Young has been offered a full
Time job in the States so you can't really blame him for going