The East Fife Thread

So a didnae work overtime monday canny do it wednesday loosing money a ken its the rules but all fans dont have the 5 finish its frustrating knowing that sunday afternoon everyone who watched a weather forcast would ken there wasnt a chance of. the game going ahead monday evening

So who is going to be left back when this tie goes ahead?????????

probably Mercer, Kane at right back maybe although I think he has been fairly steady in recent games and then Kerr alongside Page. Whose call is it???? No manager, no assistant left to carry things on???

I thought at the time that it was strange that Paul McManus left when he did. Could have stayed until the transfer window and been another body to call on when work commitments allowed it.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!     Is there a good manager not doing anything at the moment???

So who is going to be left back when this tie goes ahead?????????

probably Mercer, Kane at right back maybe although I think he has been fairly steady in recent games and then Kerr alongside Page. Whose call is it???? No manager, no assistant left to carry things on???

I thought at the time that it was strange that Paul McManus left when he did. Could have stayed until the transfer window and been another body to call on when work commitments allowed it.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!     Is there a good manager not doing anything at the moment???

Dougie Anderson will be in charge on Wednesday and Saturday

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Where is Pat Slattery playing? He can play left back. Did so regularly in our Development team.

Pat Slattery has been the archetypal "Square Peg in the Round Hole" for us, playing mostly as a defensive midfielder for the past two seasons, I'm pretty sure he was brought in as the new Left Back for us last season, when Naysmith reckoned he was going to jack in the playing side of things, but i think injuries to Stevie Campbell last year meant Pat was played in his position and Graeme MacGregor was played at LB, Stevie was out for so long that when MacGregor got injured, Naymith had to make a comeback as Pat was still covering in midfield. The form of Naysmith (one of four players in the League Two Team of the Year last Season) meant that when MacGregor was fit again he couldn't get in the side and after being an unused sub for a wheen of games asked to be released and was away to Linlithgow Rose, (now at East Stirling I think)!!!

We were a far better side with Naysmith in the side so when Campbell finally came back, Pat was either on the bench or in midfield, a position I really think he doesn't excel in hence the "Square Peg" quote, I like Pat, he never hides, he runs about a lot but IMO he is never a midfield player in a thousand years, perhaps he will become our "new" LB as he won't be playing midfield when Robinson is is fully fit and I certainly wouldn't want to see him punted, perhaps the biggest clue is that he has had the Squad Number "3" since he arrived, perhaps it is time he had that position!!!

14 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Ian Murray appears to be the Bookie's favourite to replace Naysmith. Think he would do a superb job with you lot.

I wouldn't have been disappointed to see him take over at Airdrie tbh.

Think you could be correct, the word on the street is that he's just been offered and turned down the Montrose gig!!!

Just read that he's only 35, younger than Naysmith, hopefully he's kept himself fit, 'cos if he does come to us and see's the size of our squad he might have to dig out his boots!!!