Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Moomintroll
Not a fan of cannabis, the smell and the impact it has on folks mental health. But in the long term if it stops the bad guys profiting from its sale, could contribute tax revenue to the nhs and be regulated to stop dangerous THC levels then maybe legalising it isnt such a bad thing.
This 100% , spent a long time using it in my late teens. Regulating it and taxing it while flattening out the THC content will be beneficial to everyone. I wont use it anymore but should not be a criminal offence to do so.

This 100% , spent a long time using it in my late teens. Regulating it and taxing it while flattening out the THC content will be beneficial to everyone. I wont use it anymore but should not be a criminal offence to do so.

Yeh, although it has a really bad effect on some folks, so does Alcohol so we can’t really use that as an excuse.
If they legalise it the only thing i’d hope for is a ban on smoking it in public places like parks etc because its honking and I wouldnt want my kid to be exposed to it. Concessions on each side would probably see a relatively decent compromise being reached.
Whilst I dont object to the medicinal use I find the pontificating from the facebook ‘doctors’ that cannabis is the magical cure for every illness really grating. Ive met plenty of bams with chronic illnesses who havent been magically cured despite smoking it like champions, so if as a non fan of cannabis I can accept we need to legalise it maybe there’s hope that mob can accept its not the miracle cure for cancer etc they make it out to be.

couldn't really care less one way or t'other, as long as - if it is legalised completely -  the penalties for driving under the influence are equivalent to those for alcohol - and don't give me any horseshit about "it affects people differently, dude" - so does alcohol, and if you drive your car into a bus-stop full of schoolkids they 're going to be the same degree of dead or crippled for life whether you're absolutely off your tits or "just a bit mellow"

if it's proven to be medically beneficial, then of course it should be legalised as a prescription drug - hey, it might even lighten the load for someone who's lost both their legs having been hit by some stoner c**t in a van - cool !

On 16/07/2017 at 11:18, throbber said:

Well you are trying to make it out that alcohol is more harmful than weed, it isn't alcohols fault that you are an irresponsible man child.

Are you really arguing that weed is more harmful than alcohol?

16 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

couldn't really care less one way or t'other, as long as - if it is legalised completely -  the penalties for driving under the influence are equivalent to those for alcohol - and don't give me any horseshit about "it affects people differently, dude" - so does alcohol, and if you drive your car into a bus-stop full of schoolkids they 're going to be the same degree of dead or crippled for life whether you're absolutely off your tits or "just a bit mellow"

if it's proven to be medically beneficial, then of course it should be legalised as a prescription drug - hey, it might even lighten the load for someone who's lost both their legs having been hit by some stoner c**t in a van - cool !

Needs more stereotypes IMO.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Looks like Moonster has triggered himself. Again.

Yeah, stealing banana's patter isn't a good look for you pal.

4 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

are we not just supposed to regurgitate the flannel that's fed to us by the press without giving it any thought ?

Even ignoring the regurgitated nonsense in your post, driving under the influence of weed already carries the same punishment as driving under the influence of alcohol - why would that change if weed became legal?

Should be legal for medicinal use if good outweighs harm.

Should be illegal for recreational use.  Keeps it from becoming normalised whilst at the end of the day you can still get it if you really want it.

Not all laws are completely rational.

1 minute ago, tirso said:

Should be illegal for recreational use.  Keeps it from becoming normalised whilst at the end of the day you can still get it if you really want it.

I just can't understand this logic. Isn't it better that users get a regulated product and a fair deal whilst the government rakes in huge profits?

Isn't it already normalised?  Most kids will cross paths with it at some point in their teenage years, there are an estimated around 2.1 million cannabis users in the UK and is the most commonly used drug in the UK.  How much more normal does it need to be before we treat it like alcohol or tobacco (as Dan has said above).