Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

Don't think there is one of these thread on the go for us yet. Probably cause we really don't want to be thinking who's going to be in the "outs" coloumn.

At the moment it looks like Law and Randolph are definetly away. Saunders has all but gone and I don't think we'll be seeing any more of Omar Daley.

I'm 50/50 on if we can keep any combination Faddy, Higdon and Humphrey.

Hateley and Ramsden could go. As could Hutchinson or Ojamaa if a decent offer comes in.

Rumoured to be coming in is pretty much only Samson just now. A tiny murmur about Paul McGowan too.

Oh... And a couple of buddies saying Higdon's going back to Paisley. :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I think Hateley, Humphrey, SPFA player of the year Michael Higdon & Faddy will all leave as well as obviously Randolph and Law.

Samson would be decent enough I suppose, not in Ruddy or Randolph's class but we're unlikely to find another keeper of that quality again this summer.

Big rebuilding job for McCall this summer, sad to see the current team that's served us so well go but look towards the future with optimism.

Don't think there is one of these thread on the go for us yet. Probably cause we really don't want to be thinking who's going to be in the "outs" coloumn.

At the moment it looks like Law and Randolph are definetly away. Saunders has all but gone and I don't think we'll be seeing any more of Omar Daley.

I'm 50/50 on if we can keep any combination Faddy, Higdon and Humphrey.

Hateley and Ramsden could go. As could Hutchinson or Ojamaa if a decent offer comes in.

Rumoured to be coming in is pretty much only Samson just now. A tiny murmur about Paul McGowan too.

Oh... And a couple of buddies saying Higdon's going back to Paisley. :lol:

Don't know whats less likely to happen Higdon to Paisley or Gowser to Motherwell, more chance of winning the lottery than either of they signings happening :lol:

Think Birmingham City have snapped up the tiny magician :(

Edited to add Samson is a solid keeper, proved 99% of our support wrong and played a huge part in us winning the cup. I'd say he was better last season, he's made a few more mistakes this season but signed on for half the money Paul Gallacher was on and is twice the keeper he has been a superb signing and value for money.

Samson is a shite replacement for Randz.

Anyone's going to be a shite replacement for Randz. We could do a lot worse than Samson though. Certainly a better option than Hollis.

Any idea where Saunders is off to?

Nope. He's definelty not being offered a new deal though. Hardly kicked a ball in two years now due to injuries.

After Paul Lawson of County as well according to the Express

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall reckons his players are heroes for topping last season’s record haul by getting to 63 points with a game to spare, but he knows he faces a rebuilding job if he wants the upward progression to continue next season.

Yesterday Darren Randolph and Nicky Law waved farewell to Fir Park with Birmingham City keen on both men.

Michael Higdon, Tom Hateley and Chris Humphrey are also out of contract and are weighing up options.

McCall added: “We’ve made offers and while we won’t ask for an answer in the next day or two we will need to find out within a couple of weeks what the plans are.

“I haven’t made an offer to James McFadden yet – we’ll maybe need to get the directors to dig deep in their pockets again.”

McCall is about to seal a summer deal for Ross County midfielder Paul Lawson, which will see the 28-year-old put pen to paper on a two-year contract.

Randloph’s replacement will come in the form of St Mirren’s Craig Samson, as was revealed two weeks ago in Express Sport.

Well have informed Saints and County they plan to sign the duo.

McCall has been impressed with the former Celtic youngster and decided to move as Law is expected to join Rangers who have made an improved offer.

Anyone's going to be a shite replacement for Randz. We could do a lot worse than Samson though. Certainly a better option than Hollis.

Makes some saves that he has no right to make, but has a real positioning problem which is exposed at free kicks and angled shots.

Form was much better last season, but proved most wrong and shown he is an SPL standard keeper.

Rumours of us being interested in Vigurs too (at least this was floating about yesterday). Would be a good enough replacement for Law I think. Is Lawson more of a defensive mid? If so, this could potentially be a longer term replacement for Las (even though Lawson is already 28).

Would be keen to see Carswell get more games next season, he looks to have bulked up a bit which will help.

I reckon Higgy might stay on (no idea why, just got a hunch) and likewise Faddy, although I'm sure the latter would depend on outside funding covering his wages again.

An interesting summer ahead...

Very interesting summer ahead. I'd guess that Higdon, Humphrey, Law, Randolph, Saunders and Daley are definitely offski and good luck to them. Hately and Ramsden I don't know about. Will we retain Fraser Kerr? I'd also like to see Kallum Higginbotham sign on but he's probably out of our league.

If we are signing any player from another team on a pre contract I hope we have the decency to inform their current clubs. Signs are that we have done so.

Surely Nicky Law won't go to Rangers. Surely?

It would be a massive waste of his talents and I certainly would lose a lot of respect for him.

Archived