Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really hopeful that we can hit the ground running this season while other teams are still adjusting and settling in

It's the Europa League campaign that I'm quite hopeful about. The last couple of years the games came far too early for us in terms of being able to know what our strongest team is, but this time I don't think they can come quick enough. The fact that we'll likely have a lot easier ties as well is excellent. By the time our first league game comes around we could already have a few wins under our belts.

Leitch has made more of an impression than Carswell did when he first came into the first team although the later has since kicked on and became a regular

Leitch seemed to score a few goals for the under 20s as well (from what I can remember on twitter match reports) I've got high hopes for him

Saw him playing for Morton last year at left back (and their captain). He was pretty hopeless that day. Lost his way after a series of injuries at Motherwell and seems to be dropping down the leagues pretty quickly which is pretty sad, quite liked him when he played left/centre mid here.

Pretty much what Dave said. I always liked Fitzy, game 100% every game.

Was blighted by some serious injuries but when he broke through I genuinely thought he was going to be a star. Was a box to box midfielder dare I say it very much in the mould of Phil O'Donnell, but lost his way severely and was punted to left mid, left back and was a boo boy for some crazy reason during a sticky spell.

Saw him playing for Morton last year at left back (and their captain). He was pretty hopeless that day. Lost his way after a series of injuries at Motherwell and seems to be dropping down the leagues pretty quickly which is pretty sad

Saw him a couple of times as well and regret to say he didn't look out of place in a Morton side struggling at the bottom of the Championship.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not even convinced Casagolda even happened. It's a myth

Pretty sure he only got a deal because of a thread on steelmen online as well. Didn't really get anytime on the pitch to prove himself but he didn't look great on the few occasions he got on

Archived