Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

With all due respect the sooner UEFA stop nonsense clubs like Celtic from stinking out the group stage the better

This is a tournament that forced Liverpool and Hoffenheim to scrap it out for one place to make sure there was a space for either Celtic or Astana

This is a competition that couldn’t find space for Marseille, Arsenal or Lazio but reserved space for the winner of Hapoel Beer-Sheva v Maribor

The 5 minor league champions have accrued 6 points from their 15 matches and that’s

Last season they got 19 from a possible 90 and 9 of those were from a Copenhagen side lucky enough to draw not just Belgian opposition but a Leicester City side that was in absolute crisis

Surely this can’t last

A supporter of the filthy green bigot organisation even admitted in the Celtic in Europe thread that they are only playing for 3rd place. That kind of defeatist attitude is the reason why Scottish football is in the doldrums. There are no reasons why Celtic shouldn't be able to match PSG and Bayern in every aspect of what makes a successful football club.  It's 11 v 11 on the pitch at the end of the day, right?

With all due respect the sooner UEFA stop nonsense clubs like Celtic from stinking out the group stage the better

This is a tournament that forced Liverpool and Hoffenheim to scrap it out for one place to make sure there was a space for either Celtic or Astana

This is a competition that couldn’t find space for Marseille, Arsenal or Lazio but reserved space for the winner of Hapoel Beer-Sheva v Maribor

The 5 minor league champions have accrued 6 points from their 15 matches and that’s

Last season they got 19 from a possible 90 and 9 of those were from a Copenhagen side lucky enough to draw not just Belgian opposition but a Leicester City side that was in absolute crisis

Surely this can’t last

I get where you are coming from and agree to a certain extent but would it be alright to exclude 1st and 2nd division clubs from the league cup as they have no hope of ever winning it?

Should just be a return to the European cup for me for only the winners of the league's. If it's about money then have a European league. If Man U win the champions league then it will be a joke as they only finished 6th in their league last season.
Funny to see Celtic get hammered btw

What will Boring Boring Brendan instruct ?

If

Celtic are 1 up on Saturday at Hampden with a minute to go.

Will he say

Get the ball into the corners, waste time , etc.

or

PLAY THE CELTIC WAY  :lol:

I get where you are coming from and agree to a certain extent but would it be alright to exclude 1st and 2nd division clubs from the league cup as they have no hope of ever winning it?

Should just be a return to the European cup for me for only the winners of the league's. If it's about money then have a European league. If Man U win the champions league then it will be a joke as they only finished 6th in their league last season.
Funny to see Celtic get hammered btw

There was a certain amount of hyperbole in my post but the “Champions route” through the playoffs certainly damages the quality of the tournament

Defending Manchester United doesn’t come easy to me but they are Europa League Holders which is a bit tougher than winning the Israeli Premier League

And a team winning the trophy in a season after a less than stellar previous domestic season is no more of a joke than a team winning it in a season when they’ve not had a great season at home like Liverpool’s last win while finishing 5th or Nottingham Forest’s successful defence of the European Cup in 1980

A problem with the old one team per country format was that as this seasons best teams aren’t necessarily the same as last season there is a very good chance that the continent’s best team will be missing from what is supposed to be the top competition.

Celtic’s 1967 triumph was a fine achievement but each team they beat in the European Cup failed to defend the domestic title they won in ‘66

The new format is a tougher test

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There was a certain amount of hyperbole in my post but the “Champions route” through the playoffs certainly damages the quality of the tournament

Defending Manchester United doesn’t come easy to me but they are Europa League Holders which is a bit tougher than winning the Israeli Premier League

And a team winning the trophy in a season after a less than stellar previous domestic season is no more of a joke than a team winning it in a season when they’ve not had a great season at home like Liverpool’s last win while finishing 5th or Nottingham Forest’s successful defence of the European Cup in 1980

A problem with the old one team per country format was that as this seasons best teams aren’t necessarily the same as last season there is a very good chance that the continent’s best team will be missing from what is supposed to be the top competition.

Celtic’s 1967 triumph was a fine achievement but each team they beat in the European Cup failed to defend the domestic title they won in ‘66

The new format is a tougher test

It was a wee bit better than "fine", imho.

8 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Supporters singing IRA songs in Manchester (of all places) airport. Scotland's shame. 

location not really noteworthy, singers of "IRA songs" make a decent £note from the Manchester area.

I'm meh about "IRA songs", usually the people deeply offended by them are ignorant or just bigoted. I just find them irrelevant to football and embarrassing when Celtic fans sing them to wind up fans of other teams.

Most of those provo songs that have been making a comeback recently though are fucking disgusting.